Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

She's with her new Family

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Cassidy emailed us and let us know that she arrived.  She said the Italian family have a large beautiful home, the weather is warm, and the children are really cute. It seems strange that she is so far away, and we don't know when she will be back home again, but she sounds happy, so that is a good thing.     

by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Glad that she has arrived in Italy.  What a wonderful experience for her.  Does she speak Italian?   We once had an Italian exchange student for a year and her parents came to visit over the Christmas holidays.  While Frannie spoke good English, her parents did not speak a word of it.  It was an interesting two weeks to say the least.   Keep us posted on how she is doing.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Quoting mac1940:

Glad that she has arrived in Italy.  What a wonderful experience for her.  Does she speak Italian?   We once had an Italian exchange student for a year and her parents came to visit over the Christmas holidays.  While Frannie spoke good English, her parents did not speak a word of it.  It was an interesting two weeks to say the least.   Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Thanks.  Cassidy speaks French well, and some Spanish.  When she found out about this position, she has started to learn Italian, and she is good at languages and picks them up quickly.  The family want her to speak English to the children, and the mom has fairly good English.  Some of my neighbours have exchange students, and last year had a girl from Italy do Grade 12 here.  The girl's parents came out, and stayed with the neighbours.  They brought Italian seasonings and spices with them and did a lot of the cooking while visiting.  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Im glad she has made it safely and has a nice family to stay with. What part if Italy is she in? I've been to Rimini which is sort of central east coast by the ocean. I went there when I was 19.
That's amazing she speaks those languages.
coolmomma1968
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM
thats good:)
kam013
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Wonderful news . . .  I hope the experience is everything that she hopes it will be.  

Hang in there Mom, it will get easier!!

getting2old
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I remember your other post and glad that she made it there and as soon as the new norm settles in on both sides, you can both enjoy the experience together! What a great opportunity, maybe find a group that has had this same experience of a young adult child so far away, My daughter only visited belize last summer and I was a wreck due to no communication, but she really had a great experience and I have had a few friends who's kids did the same thing your daughter is doing, but they were gone for the summer only

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Glad she's there safe and sound!  Keep us posted.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I know you were glad to hear from her.  Safe and sound.  Keep us posted on how everything is going.  I imagine it is hard to know she is so far away, but am sure she will get so much from this experience. 

caro100
by Carol on May. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Glad she arrived safely. With skype she should be able to keep in touch.

njt320
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Hugs!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN