Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Displaying family photographs

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:19 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you frame family photos and hang them on the walls or display them on a shelf or mantle?

I have a corner desk with shelves above it my husband made me in the living room. I have framed 8x10 and 5x7 photos of our children on those shelves.

I don't have a large display, not because I don't like it, I just haven't taken the time to do a nice formal display.

This is a very pretty example I think...

by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soulofsunmama
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:22 AM
That's super cute!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Yes, we have a wall, we call "The famly wall". At the very top there is a framed print that says "All because two people fell in love". Below that is our handfasting cord in a shadow box. Then pics all over the wall of everyone. But my parents wedding pic is on my dresser.

jlsjjsmom
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Yes the wall downstairs is filled with various family pics on one side and the other side has the photo collages we made for each of the boys when they graduated high school.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

We have a wall we call our Rogue's Gallery osn which hangs family pictures and I do have pictures of my grandkids here and there on shelves, as well as a picture of all of them together which stands on the mantle. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

We have pics of the kids and family pics on our wall, nothing formal, but I have been thinking of a different way to display them. I have pics on my desk and wall at work also. Just love having my family close.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My pictures are displayed down the central hallway.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I love the family tree idea. Right now I do not have any of my family pictures up because I want to repaint my walls after we get back from Vacation so I have them taken down. But when they're up its in the hallway leading back to the bedrooms.

And I have several pictures of family on my dresser.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I take a lot of family photos, especially when we travel, and display them in frames around our home, mainly on shelves and some accent furniture pieces.  They always make me happy to look at.  I also put a few on the fridge with magnets.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That wall is so cool!   I have a big entertainment center that holds about a dozen pictures of family, unless it's Christmas and then I put my village up there.  I also have a large frame that has 10 spaces for pictures and I have my parents, grandparents and great grandparents pictures.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM

When I was in my 30's I framed pictures of my grandparents, parents and greatparents when they were in their late 20's early 30's.  I have them in a box and I plan on hanging them on a wall in the study.   I love the tree idea - not sure I am that creative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN