Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Huh

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 39 Replies

Okay so many of you ladies know that I don't have a significant other, just a couple of "Friends" (one with and one without the "benefits.")  That's just me and where I am these days - it works for me.  I'm not looking for a boyfriend because I don't think I'm "girlfriend" material right now and I'm 100% fine like this.  really.  I am.

so, I have this newish neighbor, Chet.  he moved in late fall and of course I was working at the law office every day then.  I go outside to smoke my cigarettes and being the friendly person I am, I talk to just about everyone and know just about all the neighbors.  (there are only 12 units in our whole building).  Anyway, one Saturday afternoon, in the winter, there were 2 young boys in the laundry room, in their PJs and barefooted.  Turns out they are Chet's boys and they introduced themselves to me after I went and brought them socks.  their dad had run out to get something at the store and left them home and they accidentally locked themselves out of their apartment.  The older boy is Ethan who will be 13 in July (if I recall) and the younger one is Benjamin (but you can call me Ben for short, he says.)  He's 9 and quite the talker, very polite, just likes to talk. lol.  Their dad has them every weekend.  During one of our blizzards, Chet brought his snowblower and cleared the parking lot for everyone.  I was outside, having a cigarette and he told me that I'm the only neighbor who has ever talked to him!  huh.  So now I am working at home again, and I've discovered not only does Chet have Ben and Ethan, he also has a son, Jesse, who will be 22 or 23 in November (Thanksgiving, Ben tells me).  AND he has a daughter Allison who is 13 and one more kid, Gaven, who is 7.  omg.  One day a couple weeks ago, I was outdoors with my cigarette and Chet asks how can I stand living alone?  He misses his kids dreadfully. He said he hates coming home but knows if he sees me I'll smile at him.  whoo boy.  So just a few minutes ago, I was just outside having a cigarette and Chet and Allison are outside eating ice cream.  It's Monday.  I asked him how often do you have your kids??  He said the kids prefer being with him and so he ends up having them not only every weekend but as often as they want during the week.  He is letting his ex-wife (and her boyfriend who has 4 kids) live in the house they own and Chet rents the one-bedroom apartment. 

what I'm getting at in a round-about way is WOW.  Chet is handsome - but there's all these kids!   LMAO.  If he asked me on a date I'd probably say YES.  yeah, he's that cute.  but those KIDS.  omg.  WTF am I thinking? ! ? !  lol.

that's it.  I just am amused by all of this in a weird way.  lol.  and rambling. 

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds as though he is a nice person from what you describe. :)

LeJane
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol...     I KNOW what you are thinking- if you are thinking like I do.....        

wink mini

It takes skills to make all of those kids.....   

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

So....you are finding yourself attracted to him....perhaps another friend with benefits in the making?!?

Are all his kids with the same Mom? Are they all his? 

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone's twitterpatted!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Yes, the kids all have the same mom.  Now Gaven is small for 7 - I thought he was more like 5.  and he's very obviously biracial.  Chet has reddish hair. definitely caucasian.  He told me tonite that his wife told him, a week before Gaven was born, that he might "not be his."  well, yeah duh.  and then he found out when Allison was 8 years old (she's the 13 year old) that she's not his, either.  wow.  He says for certain he knows his oldest son is his ... but the others ... he's not sure.  Ethan will be 13 (maybe Allison is 14, there's just too many of them to keep it straight) but Ethan is already taller than Chet.  lol. But he's the father on all the kids birth certificates. 

But yes. I will admit I am somewhat attracted to him.  Like I said, if he asked me on a date, I'd say yes.  But then really?  what the heck?!  I am just laughing at myself right about now.  lol.

Quoting LEK19:

So....you are finding yourself attracted to him....perhaps another friend with benefits in the making?!?

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can hear you giggling!!! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yes, the kids all have the same mom.  Now Gaven is small for 7 - I thought he was more like 5.  and he's very obviously biracial.  Chet has reddish hair. definitely caucasian.  He told me tonite that his wife told him, a week before Gaven was born, that he might "not be his."  well, yeah duh.  and then he found out when Allison was 8 years old (she's the 13 year old) that she's not his, either.  wow.  He says for certain he knows his oldest son is his ... but the others ... he's not sure.  Ethan will be 13 (maybe Allison is 14, there's just too many of them to keep it straight) but Ethan is already taller than Chet.  lol. But he's the father on all the kids birth certificates. 

But yes. I will admit I am somewhat attracted to him.  Like I said, if he asked me on a date, I'd say yes.  But then really?  what the heck?!  I am just laughing at myself right about now.  lol.

Quoting LEK19:

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

If he asks you out, why not go?  Even if he ends up being a new friend, or who knows?  Lots of kids, though.  The guy has been busy. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

lol.  I guess you can't have too many friends, right?  and I was the surrogate mom for all those "kids" at the office ... but no, read my reply to LEK ...apparently at least 2 of these kids aren't his bio kids but he's still their dad for all intents and purposes ... 

Quoting DesignGirl450:

If he asks you out, why not go?  Even if he ends up being a new friend, or who knows?  Lots of kids, though.  The guy has been busy. 

CMLaurie
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Well he hasn't asked you out so wait and cross that bridge when you come to it........

:)    Have a great evening!   

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

He sounds like a very nice person,
If he asks you out yes of course you should go.
As for the kids .. are the all adults?
Le us know what happens :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)