Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for May 24th

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

It's NO FRY day...

How often do you fry foods? What is your favorite fried food?

~~CINDY

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM

We really don't fry much here at home, we bake most everything. I do love a good batch of home made french fries once in a while though!

Why123
by Nancy on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I don't fry foods.  Too messy.

Shellness
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Fried chicken of course! I don't fry very often. I even oven bake our french fries. We all know its bad for us, but maybe once a month we will have friend chicken or pork chops or chicken fried steak.

I love the brand "Oven Fry". Tastes good for an alternative and so much easier to coat and bake.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I don't deep fry anything.  It's been many years since I did last - which was actually fried ice cream!!!  And it was awesome (note to self:  Gotta make this soon!)

When I pan-"fry", I generally use cooking spray rather than oil or butter.  My most frequent and favorite is hash browns and eggs.  And recently I've made pan-seared scallops, which does use butter and olive oil.  

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I almost never fry food. My fav fried food is artichoke hearts.

DesignGirl450
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I don't fry anything.  My mom used to make fish and chips in her deep fryer, and her fries were the best ever.   Her secret was she would fry them until almost done, let the fry basket sit for about 5 minutes or so, then just before dinner, pop them back in to crisp them up.  

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Once in a blue blue moon, I fry something other than egg.  If hubby had his way we would have deep fried things several times a week but  I don't do it anymore.  He's learning to like grilled prawns and chicken.

LEK19
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't deep fat fry anything and rarely eat food that is.

I do saute in olive oil or butter or both. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hardly ever fry here,
Love fried chicken though ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)