Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the love of Flippin hormones!!!!! Help!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 37 Replies

Some of you know, I had a hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago.  FREEDOM!!!  or so I thought.  No more cramps or cycles and for that I am not complaining.

But Oh em GEE, I'm about to hurt someone from an in balance of hormones.  I am a jackal and Hyde waiting for one person to just say the wrong thing and I'm about to lose my religion over it.  No exaggeration, I am a mess.

So here's the short end.  Had the surgery, Dr. gave me a Vivelle patch, couldn't stand the track marks from the adhesion (I could tell, my husband was not liking the marks), so, I started taking Premarin....HATED it really, I can tell you why if you really want to know.  After telling Dr. (really a nurse practitioner) of my dislike of that pill (that I had already begun taking every OTHER day on my own), my hormones, or lack there of were going nutty.  And sure, I noticed.

So, the Nurse practition has blood work drawn up and sent to this  special pharmacy for HRT (Hormone replacement therapy)...long drawn out mishap there, and two months later the physician who is educating me on the hormones I've been on, the suppository they are going to calculate to balance my inbalances, and I'll be good to go after a few days.........But, big mouth ME inserts that I am a smoker.  (The lady never asked, it wasn't a question on their very long and detailed questionaire)  I just happened to mention it and it was a done deal.  Nope, she won't give me the suppositories to help with my hormone in balance.  

I admit, I've purchased the electric cigarette to help me in quitting, I just hadn't taken the asserted steps to try and quit yet.  While that Physician thinks this may be motivation to quit, it only adds pressure and makes me want a cigarette.

Yet, I'm about to hurt someone...I can barely stand my husband whom I truly adore...but not lately. Everything he does is irritating to me.  He cannot do anything right.  It's pushing us apart and then I feel guilty after I've unleashed on him.  It doesn't help I'm so sensitive and emotional from the group home crap.  As much at peace I think I am, I have to spend my day fighting off insecurities, sadness, and then I'm just mad after exerting all that energy just to keep my boat a float.

HELP...sorry so long, the stupid hormone patch isn't enough.  The woman mentioned getting progesterone that my body produced until my hysterectomy...plus amounts of testosterone I am no longer getting either.  

Is there natural supplements available somewhere that I can try?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Was it a full or partial?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh crime in Italy.  This sounds awful!!!!  I've reached menopause and the only symptoms I have are the hot flashes although recently I've noticed some "dryness" down there, but not bad enough to complain about it.  But my moods are fine ... I wonder how it is I'm escaping all this?  I'm not complaining of course about it! 

I have no idea on what you can take for this!  I hope someone here can steer you in the right direction. 

I remember having PMS and snapping at people - which isn't my normal state - and then I'd realize it, check the calendar and sure enough, my period would be due within about a week.  a funny - I explained PMS to Johnny when he was young, like in grade school, because he had to endure both me and his sister going through it and I felt it deserved an explanation.  One day he came home from school and just casually mentioned his teacher must have PMS today.  LOL. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It was a full hysterectomy.  

Quoting marchantmom06:

Was it a full or partial?

bonitalilmama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Maca, it balances hormones, natural vegetable, women going through menopause says it has reduced significantly hot flashes, reduces PMS and other mood swings
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Well Ronna, you're always good at making me smile...and chuckle.  It's brutal, and while I didn't notice the mood changes at first, I do believe my system is on the  brink of menopause without the right hormone replacement.  And I am for sure noticing now.  I can barely stand myself.  I even snap at my loving doggies....so that should tell you how bad it is.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh crime in Italy.  This sounds awful!!!!  I've reached menopause and the only symptoms I have are the hot flashes although recently I've noticed some "dryness" down there, but not bad enough to complain about it.  But my moods are fine ... I wonder how it is I'm escaping all this?  I'm not complaining of course about it! 

I have no idea on what you can take for this!  I hope someone here can steer you in the right direction. 

I remember having PMS and snapping at people - which isn't my normal state - and then I'd realize it, check the calendar and sure enough, my period would be due within about a week.  a funny - I explained PMS to Johnny when he was young, like in grade school, because he had to endure both me and his sister going through it and I felt it deserved an explanation.  One day he came home from school and just casually mentioned his teacher must have PMS today.  LOL. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Maca?  that is the name?

Quoting bonitalilmama:

Maca, it balances hormones, natural vegetable, women going through menopause says it has reduced significantly hot flashes, reduces PMS and other mood swings

bonitalilmama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes or sometimes called maca root or Maca powder, I take the powder now to get periods more normal and for fertility it has many benefits
bonitalilmama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
You can get it from whole foods, sprouts, Amazon in powder or pull form, the powder tastes horrible but you can mix it with your favorite drinks or shakes, I take it straight up want it to work faster and kind of gotten use to the taste even though I still make that ugly face still lol
nuts4scouts
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I STRONGLY suggest finding a good doctor (not a nurse practitioner), and getting a complete physical evaluation done.

Tell your new doctor EVERYTHING, including the fact that you are a smoker.

A decent doctor will work with you to find a good way to alleviate your symptoms, and get you healthy again.

Shellness
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Its all so dangerous that I can't give you safe advise! How about the doctor giving you something for the anxiety instead? That would help loads and loads I would think! Call him and tell him you are going insane and need something to help you now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)