Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: Joy and Sorrow

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 9 Replies

Good news from my future grandson's cardiologist this week.  Minneapolis Childrens has a great success rate with HLHS.  While the national average is between 60-80% for a successfull first surgery, Minneapolis Childrens has a 90% success rate for the first procedure.  Also most of their patients are able to lead mostly active lives EVEN play sports.  It will be a long first 2 years with 3 major open heart surgeries but we feel much better about placing him in the hands of such great doctors.  Please keep our presious baby to be in your thoughts and prayers.  So far the prayers and working!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Shellness
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Bless his poor little heart, literally. I prayed for you. I have a child with RA and we go to All Childrens Hospital in St. Pete. Its so nice to have a great team of wonderful, caring doctors! She'll be turning 18 in Jan. and it scares me to think of having to change her doctors. I'm so glad your baby has a great team to keep him safe. Prayers for you and the other ADULTS too! It has to be very hard on you.

DesignGirl450
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Great to hear some positive news. 

momof2FF
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Thanks,  I think one of the hardist things I have had to do was keep it together on the phone when my son told me about the HLHS.  The flat sound of his voice still haunts me in my dreams.  He is doing well with everything, and I am so proud of the Man he has become.  That little baby has great parents who will fight for him.  Hopefully he is his father's son and will fight just as hard.  Thank you for your prayers, we all need them.  

caro100
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Blessing on you and yours.  Glad you have found a place that can meet your needs at this critical time.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That is good news!  Keep us posted and we will continue to pray.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I am so glad you found some great doctors.   It is amazing what they can do.  You are in my prayers! 

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Thats very good news. Having the right care and a plan in place for his care is the best thing for him and his family.   Will keep the little one and the rest of the family in my prayers.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Very good news!
Continued loving thoughts & prayers :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Keep us updated please :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)