Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your kids move to another

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 30 Replies
State? Did they ever come back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Not yet. I'm encouraging my girl to think of moving somewhere cool and with mass transit.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Johnny moved from Kansas City to California 2 weeks shy of turning 18, in 2008.  He had his sights set on UC Davis for college but attended community college the first two years out there, then transferred the last 2 yrs to UC Davis.  During college, he came back during winter breaks (approximately 3 weeks).  But, he got his degree and landed a job, and this past Christmas was only able to come back for 4.5 days.  He likes California.  Unless he finds a bigger better job that moves him away, he'll probably be out there for a long time. 

sabrtooth1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

One moved out of state for 2 years, to be with her fiancee/husband.  She said, "I thought it would be an exciting adventure", but she hated every minute away from family and friends.  She moved back the first possible minute, and will NEVER move again.  She says, "Even an HOUR away, is too far."  oThe other one was an hour away, and moved back also.  She agrees.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Two of mine have moved and have yet to return for anything except a visit.  My daughter has not moved out of state but has moved across state and again except for visiting has expressed no desire to return here.  Makes me sad but I am grateful they are happy where they are living and doing what they do.  

LEK19
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

All three of my adult kids live in a different state than they one they grew up in - Michigan. One is in Wisconsin and two are in Minnesota. Two have briefly come back but the intent was to move again and they did. 

njt320
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I am in Michigan. Mine moved for a better job. There isn't much here except medical jobs that pay worth a crap. So my granddaughter will be moving soon too. Such a bummer.. Sounds like you all got over it. I am depressed!!

Quoting LEK19:

All three of my adult kids live in a different state than they one they grew up in - Michigan. One is in Wisconsin and two are in Minnesota. Two have briefly come back but the intent was to move again and they did. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

They are five or less hours away, but it did take some adjusting to get used to. I do wish my grandkids were closer. 

Quoting njt320:

I am in Michigan. Mine moved for a better job. There isn't much here except medical jobs that pay worth a crap. So my granddaughter will be moving soon too. Such a bummer.. Sounds like you all got over it. I am depressed!!

Quoting LEK19:

njt320
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Mine went to Florida. Too far to drive :(

Quoting LEK19:

They are five or less hours away, but it did take some adjusting to get used to. I do wish my grandkids were closer. 

Quoting njt320:

Quoting LEK19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
njt320
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Where are you in Michigan?

Quoting njt320:

Mine went to Florida. Too far to drive :(

Quoting LEK19:

Quoting njt320:

Quoting LEK19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry your kids moved far away :(   My dh's dd's moved to Texas (we're in Wisconsin).  My 2 older kids live close.  Our youngest is still in college so I hope she doesn't end up moving far away!  I told her I would follow her ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)