Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for May 29th

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:38 AM
  • 12 Replies

Have you made any new recipes lately? If so, what did you make and did you like it? If not, when was the last time you made a new recipe?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I've been experimenting with low-carb recipes - found one for a cookie that used almond meal, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, coconut oil, some splenda, baking powder and egg.  The cookies turned out okay but were awfully crumbly.  and made me bloat.  so scratch that one.  lol. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 29, 2013 at 6:45 AM

oh and for low-carb recipes, what I'm really wanting is something to snack on.  Almonds are great but I really get too many calories from eating those because I can eat an entire bag in one day.  Not good.  when I was at the office, I'd take a sandwich baggie for my day's "allotment" and did well with that.  At home, I don't have that discipline.  lol.  I need both sweet and salty snacks.  So I'm forever on the hunt.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 29, 2013 at 6:49 AM

The only new thing I made lately was a veggie spread.  We filled tostitos scoops with the filling.  It was really good.  It used broccoli, carrots, green pepper, cream cheese, mayo and dry pack of ranch.  Not calorie friendly I don't guess but very tasty!!  lol

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Been trying new baking and dessert recipes lately. I'll be making cupcakes for an event this weekend. Always looking for something new to take with me.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 29, 2013 at 7:11 AM

It's been a couple of years for me.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

It's been a very long time.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I'm always trying new recipes.  Most recently, I made Mushroom Stroganoff (I think it was from http://www.skinnytaste.com/) on Monday, and on Sunday, I made BLT's with avocado - Dawn tells me Kevin Bacon eats these, and calls them BLAT's (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato), and that I eat like the rich and famous!!!!!! (something like that)

Like I said, I'm always trying new recipes.  Most of what I've found, I've liked (some of them are downright incredible!).  My daughter and I have theme cooking nights - we have no real rules, but pretty much, everything has to be "new to us" recipes.  So far we've had only Indian and Thai - the Indian one, everything was fantastic, and I've made one of my two dishes a few times since.   The Thai night, I'd made my dish a few times before for myself, and Ramona had had it once with me, but the rest of them hadn't.  It was a hit, but my other dish was really just okay, and I probably won't make it again.  But this is how we learn, and we both love to cook, and we both love to try new foods, and we love ethnic foods.... what better way to find out what we like and don't like!!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I am always trying new recipes.  A week ago on a camping trip I tried grilled 3 cheese potatoes.  Sliced potatoes, chopped onions, crumbled bacon, moxarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese (all grated), chives, salt and pepper and about 1/4 cup butter cubed on top.  Place on extra strength and doubled foil,  fold top down and squish ends.  Place on grill (medium heat) for 35 minutes.  This was my contribution to our steak night dinner and everyone thought it was excellent.   I recently made a rhubarb coffee cake that you serve with a carmel sauce on top.  It too was excellent.

Shellness
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I tried some new cookies and loved it.

DesignGirl450
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I always cook by experimenting, and throwing in a little of this, a little of that.  If I reallly like the way something turns out, I will make a note of what I put in it, or would never remember.  I rarely follow recipes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)