Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighborhood

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

Is going rapidly down hill.  Yesterday, on the street that mine is off, of a 22 year old man beat his adopted mother with his fists and a hammer and drove her around to get money out of a bank.  When they would stop and his head was turned, she kept mouthing help me to all of the people she saw.  Someone called the police and they chased the guy but didn't catch him.  Today one of the neighbors saw him come home and called the police.  They blocked the street and when they approached the guy, he ran.  They tased him. them they cuffed him and stuffed him and took him off to jail.  That and the dumb guys that are peeping in peoples back windows say that the neighborhood is going down hill.  The guy a couple of doors down chased down the guy that was looking in windows and told him to find another place to play because if he caught him again he would regret it.  I can't really afford to move right now so I guess I am stuck for the summer stupidity season.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Any of that could happen anywhere. That's really scary about the beating of the mom. Did you know the family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on May. 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

No I didn't. 

Quoting Cindy18:

Any of that could happen anywhere. That's really scary about the beating of the mom. Did you know the family?

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

That is scary stuff.  The signs of the time I guess as lots of bad things are going on around here as well.  Not necessarily in my neighborhood but in the town.  We have many gangs and as a result all sorts of gang wars, drive by shootings.  Back when I was a teen growing up here, we were safe walking around town after dark.  Not so anymore.  So sad really.  And the things they will do to get drug money is unbelievable.  Is that what the kid wanted his mom to give him money for?

Why123
by Nancy on May. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

They didn't say but I think it is a good possibility.  We have been trying to get rid of one of the dealers for a couple of years.  He isn't even supposed to be in this town let alone down the street.  I haven't heard about him for a while so maybe he got arrested.

Quoting mac1940:

That is scary stuff.  The signs of the time I guess as lots of bad things are going on around here as well.  Not necessarily in my neighborhood but in the town.  We have many gangs and as a result all sorts of gang wars, drive by shootings.  Back when I was a teen growing up here, we were safe walking around town after dark.  Not so anymore.  So sad really.  And the things they will do to get drug money is unbelievable.  Is that what the kid wanted his mom to give him money for?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

How horrible! I would put my money on drugs being the root of the beating, addiction makes you do terrible things in order to get the next fix.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yikes! Can you go and stay with someone until you have the money to find a safer neighborhood?

Why123
by Nancy on May. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I don't live alone.  My son and his family live with me so it has to be a big place.  I won't have a gun in the house but my son was a marine so I have plenty of protection.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Yikes! Can you go and stay with someone until you have the money to find a safer neighborhood?

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'm so glad yo have your son there. Prayers of protection for you and your family.

Quoting Why123:

I don't live alone.  My son and his family live with me so it has to be a big place.  I won't have a gun in the house but my son was a marine so I have plenty of protection.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We have weird stuff like that happen in the town I live too and the surrounding towns. I have never lived where there is so much crime before. Its sickening the goings ons.

I will train my little Kota puppy to protect the house from intruders. Just be safe, observant and always be aware of your surroundings.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Oh no, how sad! Poor lady!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)