Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey, everyone!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just wanted to stop in and say "hi!" I've been MIA for what seems like FOREVER now. Tis that time of year for me-graduation cap and gown portraits, senior portraits and weddings are all hitting me hard. Not that it's a bad thing by any means! On top of that there is always the craziness of the end of the school year with concerts and awards and all that jazz. 

So, lets see if I can come up with an update for EVERYTHING... 
Gulliver is still working tying grapes (which should have been finished months ago, but his boss is evidently not caring that the buds and LEAVES are out and likely damaged by late tying.) I wrote him off and have done little of nothing to help him at all. I took him to one doctor's appointment because it was during the hours that I knew he couldn't even hop the county rural bus. That's it. He's still essentially homeless and only works when he can get his lazy ass moving, but he is working and so is Bertha-sometimes.

Leopold (the 15 year old/wrestler) just got the opportunity to wrestle for the Cadet National Freestyle Team from our state. He will travel to Daytona Beach in June to compete. SOOOOOO far beyond excited I can't even express it.

Theodore (the foster) is having a really hard time with his mom. She's really pouring on the mental and emotional blackmail in spades. He calls and as he says good-bye he says "I love you." She tells him "no, I don't really tihnk you do." When he goes for his visitation she's constantly harping on him that "if you love me you wouldn't have done this" and "if you love me you'd come live with me." His counselor is awesome and we're handling it. I've talked with his Law Guardian and both he and the counselor say go back to court. We've given Theodore some options for control for right now. He's handling it very well and he's going there this weekend for the first time since he told us about all of this (I let him ask to spend the wweekend with a friend last weekend and she let him. He spent one night, but she didn't need to know that. Yep, I am a BAD mom!) We have discussed with him and hte counselor parenting techniques for stopping her bad behavior. He now knows that he will only warn her one time and the second time she pulls her tricks he can call and someone will come get him immediately. He's happy with that arrangement and hopeful that it will work to curb her behavior. He is afraid to go back to court because that's another thing she heaps upon his head. HE did this to her-not her behavior as a parent or foster care or CPS or even ME. It's all HIS fault and she's convinced she can force him to un-do it. 

Whomever suggested the Dr Christopher's complete bone and tissue formula for my husband? I COULD KISS YOU. It's not perfect, but it's so much improved his quality of life that I am just astounded. Everything I read said give it about 2 to 3 months. We saw real results in less than a month. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! He's still tired from his meds, but he's farrrr more functional!

Me? I am swamped as I mentioned before. I recently got a new bird in my flock of parrots. I lost my beloved baby last year in April. She was an Umbrella Cockatoo and if you don't know anything about large parrots they are INCREDIBLY NEEDY and kind of like an autistic 2 year old-for 80 years. They need constant interaction, snuggling and attention. I was LOST without her. Well, I'd been in contact with a rescue, but I was very cautious about taking just any bird. I knew THE RIGHT ONE would come. The lady from the rescue emailed me and said she was really in a pickle and had a Moluccan Cockatoo she had to find a place for RIGHT NOW. I am a sucker for someone in need of help. I took him. I AM IN LOVE! He's so fantastic and I am so lucky to have him placed here.
Because we added him I felt we needed a larger outdoor aviary, so I set to building in my free time. I now have 2 aviaries like the one in the picture. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darned awesome for now!!!

I am hoping now that I am concentrating only on my son's prep for this tournament I now have more time. I am taking no sessions again until I get back from vacation on July 7th. IF I get to go on vacation-with the new team I may find myself traveling for wrestling more than I ever imagined. I kind of hope it will! I still want to go to Arizona, but the opportunity for Leopold is amazing! 
ANYWAY.. as usual this has turned into an epic post from me. I miss everyone and hope all is going as fantastic for each of you as it is here right now! It's so good it's kind of scary! LOL! I'll say my prayers and thank God for my blessings every day-twice a day-at least! I am truly blessed!

Meet "Jack-Si-Phil" Or Jack for short! (can you tell we like Duck Dynasty?)

My aviary

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM

So good to hear from you!  The end of the school year is always crazy.  Glad all is well.  Congrats on the new addition -  he is beautiful.  I hope all goes well with the foster.  You are a good mom! 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Welcome back.  The bird is just beautiful. 

by Group Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Wow, you have been busy! Come when you can. You know where we are!!!

Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Welcome back & so great to see you here!
Love the bird .. what kind is it?
Hoping all is going well & we get t see ou back here more often soon :)

by Mary Ann on May. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Glad to see you back.  We have been wondering if you were okay.  Sounds like you have been busy with a capital B.  Your new bird is a beauty.

by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM

The new bird is a Moluccan Cockatoo. He's so awesome! I can't believe I waited so long to let myself get another one. They're amazing birds!

I'll be in and out... I am trying to get everyone ready for Daytona Beach and the following week we leave for Arizona to visit the grand babies! It's an awesome month and it hasn't even started yet!

by Jeanine on May. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Glad to hear so many things are going well :)

by Esme on May. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Hes beautiful and that aviary is amazing.  Good Job!  Well make lots of money with your photo business and congrats to your son.  I really feel for your foster, shitty of mom to do that to him but that goes to show her colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)