Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spin off *What is it like where you live?*

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 26 Replies

Tell us about your house and where you live. What is your neighborhood like? Would you move if you could or do you like it?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I like where we live..it's kind of a 'hidden' neighborhood. Now, the neighbor kids are a little TOO free range for my taste, but other than that..it's quiet..nice..etc

Shellness
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I am not thrilled with where I live but I don't see myself moving.

I live one block from a major highway. My street is on the outskirts of an old neighborhood but my street is part industrial. We get a lot of trucks down my street and there is a fire station around the corner, the city lot for their trucks and its a main street for the police to get to their sub station. Ugg right? There is a storage facility across from my house. Not the best views.

My husband loves that there is a machine shop 2 buildings down where tons of men gather every single day to hang out, work on their cars, socialize, and even give each other leads on jobs. He walks down there almost every evening for a little while and drinks a beer with his friends. I DO love this for him as it is a good stress reliever.

My house is affordable but older. I want a newer construction in a quiet spot. I don't care for a close neighbor :)

I really would like a house close to the beach. St. Pete would be nice please!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I live in a charming old neighborhood.  Some houses are updated and well kept - others are not so much.  It is quiet, cozy and has huge trees.  I love the old wood floors and loads of cabinet space.  My favorite thing is the trees.  What do you like best about where you live?

Shellness
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Not much, lol, but we have the house very cosy and cute. It feels like home so that counts for a lot.

Quoting Maddie24:

I live in a charming old neighborhood.  Some houses are updated and well kept - others are not so much.  It is quiet, cozy and has huge trees.  I love the old wood floors and loads of cabinet space.  My favorite thing is the trees.  What do you like best about where you live?

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Honestly - feeling like home is the main thing.  I swapped a 3200 sq ft new construction house for this little old house and I could not be any happier.  I have trees and am close to everything.  It is home sweet home.

Quoting Shellness:

Not much, lol, but we have the house very cosy and cute. It feels like home so that counts for a lot.

Quoting Maddie24:

DesignGirl450
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I live in a 3-level townhouse in the suburbs, on a large park.  We have mostly nice neighbours in our complex, and some I consider friends.  They are not my tribe, though.  We have been here almost 20 years, and I don't want to move, although I still miss our old neighbourhood where we lived for a brief time when we were just married and Cassidy was a baby.  It has become so pricey now, so we won't be going back there.  I imagine we will live in this house until we can't walk up the stairs any more. 

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

We live in a older neighborhood and have a mix of some younger families and older families as well. The only thing I don't like about our neighborhood is their are some homes that aren't kept up and some are rental properties that people move in and out of frequently and the last 3-5 years we've had more crime such as drugs and brake ins ect.  

Most of the neighborhood is nice though and you can go for a walk and not worry about being bothered. The neighbors are quiet and fairly friendly.

But if we had the money to move I would not blink twice before packing the moving trucks.lol  But Larrys Mom only lives a block away so we will not be going anywhere anytime soon.  And it will pobably be to move in Larrys Moms home when she passes since thats the home Larry grew up in.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Well we hate snow so we would love to move. We have a 5 bedroom 5 bath. All houses are large. We have 1.7 acres. Would love less land. Neighbors are 2 faced around here too. We will move in 9 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I would move in a heartbeat if DH would,
I like our house but it is time to down size .. in another state :)

sabrtooth1
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I LOVE my town, my street, my neighbors and my home.  The town is nestled in the midst of dense wooded land. Over 30% of our 4 square mile town is forest preserve, where hills, creeks, and ravines abound. Trees line our streets and fill many properties.  Our one-acre-minimum lots all have different houses, many set back from the street.  My street is a cul-d-sac surrounded by forest preserve with a 60 acre slough on our side, 5 minutes back into the woods .  We built our hillside ranch 25 years ago, with an eye toward aging in place, so altho we have a finished lower level, we could live just on the upper.  It has a wide, covered concrete porch in the front, and the balcony across the back is in the process of becoming a big deck, accessed thru 3 sets of glass doors.  The patio below the deck has 2 sets of glass doors that open onto it.  The house is full of light, and there is a view from every door and window.  We get deer, coyote, possum, coon, skunk, snapping turtle, Canadian geese, egrets and herons, all walking thru our yard.

But even with all that, there are 6 malls within 30 minutes of the house, and a major commercial throughfare, 5 minutes away.  We didn't want to have to pack a lunch to go to the grocery or the hardware store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)