Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 5/31/13

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you know how to perform any car repairs/maintenance? If so, what?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM

My dad made me learn how to change a tire before I was allowed to get my license, I can also check the oil and other fluids.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I was going to say, "NO" but I read dramomusaf's reply.  Yes, I do know how to check the oil and some other fluids.  But I rarely check the levels much to my dad's horror.  I think he checks his fluid levels each time he gets into his car, or so you'd think.  lol. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM
No. I can jump a car but that is easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Nah....I have AAA and a husband and a friend mechanic.

LEK19
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Not a thing!!!! 

Other than checking fluids. I will go to a full service gas station if I need to. They are harder to find! 

Why123
by Nancy on May. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I know how to check fluid levels.  I learned how to change a tire but I now have roadside assistance on my insurance so usually if the tire goes flat I call them.  The last time I had a tire go flat I called my son. 

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I could probably change a tire if I had to.  Otherwise, no.  Nada.   

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I know how to check fluids etc....I know HOW to change the oil but I can't get to the oil plug to drain it.  I think they do this on purpose so people can't easily change their own oil now.  lol  I know how to change a tire too but don't know if I could get the lug nuts off.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I used to be able to do several things as my dad made us learn before we could get a driver's license.  I could at one time change a tire, check the fluids and change the oil in my car.   Could also jump start and charge the battery.  Not so sure I could do any of those things anymore as I too rely on dh to do what needs doing or take it to where it can be done.  

DesignGirl450
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I used to know a few things, such as checking  my oil level, and changing a tire, but haven't done any of that for years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)