Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 People Who Are Worse to Sit Next to on a Plane Than a Crying Baby

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

9 People Who Are Worse to Sit Next to on a Plane Than a Crying Baby

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

babyAll right, let's talk about crying babies here for a minute. They're pretty annoying, aren't they? Especially if you're on a plane. And especially if they're not yours. But, in the spirit of looking on the bright side, there are worse people to sit next to than a crying baby on a plane. I'm serious. Don't believe me? Check out this list of 9 people worse to sit next to on a plane than a crying baby

1. The Mouthbreather

Okay, so at least babies don't smell. You know what does? Hot breath. No thanks.

2. The Person With the Barking Dog

People are definitely more apt to forgive a crying baby on a plane than a barking dog. Trust me, speaking from experience here.

3. The Farter

Let's be frank here: Planes are loud, so typically, you can't hear a fart. Some people take this as carte blanche to let 'em rip the entire flight. Not cool. We can still smell on planes.

4. The Talker

Some people just can't catch a hint. You finally have some time to yourself to sleep, read, or simply lay back and listen to some music ... yet, the person next to you won't stop talking your head off.

5. The Person Who Naps ... On You

Nothing worse than trying to escape a stranger laying on top of you.

6. The Fast Food Eater

We get it. Airplane food sucks. But you know what else sucks? Having greasy fried food trapped in the air you're breathing for four hours.

7. The Drunk

You know this person the second they set foot on the plane. For them, vacation starts the moment the drink cart comes around. Next thing you know, they're using your Us Weekly as a tissue while crying about their divorce.

8. The Kid Who Kicks Your Seat

Would you rather sit next to a crying baby or in front of a kid who kicks your seat the entire flight?

9. Two Crying Babies

Hey. Things could always be worse.

What would you add to the list?

Do you have any plane stories to share?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

People who don't use deodorant. Some people just have b.o.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
OMG, kid that kicks your seat, I wanna scream.
A screaming baby is still worse than a few of those.
My friend and I were on a bus trip as soon as we sat down, someone near us farted. We just looked at each other and she said this is gonna be a long bus trip, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, the kid kicking the seat- it's happened more than once, and annoyed looks at the parent don't help.

And that people bring their own food on the plane means they can eat tasty food, but then I have to smell that tasty food as I chow down on a cereal bar. >:(

getting2old
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughters and I traveled w my grand daughter when she was 7 weeks old to Colorado from Minnesota. She was perfect on the flight out and screamed for a long time on the flight home. I stripped her down to her diaper and laid her on her tummy and she finally passed out and we took her off the plane and out to the car in her diaper. Luckily it was august. I could sense the people around us were unhappy but would hope at least one of them had empathy for the 3 of us trying to calm this infant. It was very stressful so now I just empathize w parents . Another time in bulk head seating my son was under 2 and crying. A piece of paper was slide between the divider and the wall and a guy had drawn an airplane and he did this until we landed shortly afterwards. Because he was in first class he left the plane before we did and I never got to thank him. It was very helpful and 20 years ago too.

Nonstop talkers are too much for me on a plane if u just wanted to sleep :/
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Yes, the kid kicking the seat.  DRIVES me insane!!!   Lol   :)

kam013
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

We took a family trip right after GS was born, he was 4 weeks old, there were 6 of us, plus baby on the this trip.  When we took our seats you could actually see the people around my DD cringing when they saw the baby.  By the end of the flight she had people approaching her as the exited the plane stating they couldn't believe how well behaved he was, actually stating they were so nervous he would cry the whole time.  Trip home, exact same thing!!  I tell her every time I see her how lucky she is, even at almost 2 he is so well behaved.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Ewww all those are bad.  The seat kicker would annoy me the most and the mouth breather really annoys me.

enafaye
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

How about getting stuck in the very last seat in the back next to the toilet?  There was a long line of people waiting to use said toilet.  The claustrophobic feeling was horrible!    Why would someone stand in the aisle behind 4/5 others to use the can???  The absolute worst situation.   Oh and the person in front of me put their seat back all the way!  I have a bad right knee so have to sit on the end seat with space for my leg if needed...but that time, I could barely walk afterwards cause of the cramped space.angry

DesignGirl450
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

The child in front of you would stands in his seat and keeps turning around and looking at you. 

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I have had had more than my share of flying. On one flight we had a drunk that threw up in his seat before the plane took off.  He proceeded to serenade all of us after the intense barfing.  The Airport carried him off the plane while the flight attendants cleaned the seat.  Then we all got to watch as the happy stand-by traveller came on board to take his seat.  : ( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)