Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you reading

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 33 Replies

It is time to be sitting on a beach or under a shady tree and becoming absorbed in a good book.  What are you reading or plan to read?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Or in bed, waiting for my sleepy meds to kick in!

I finished "The Hiding Place" by Corrie TenBoom two days ago.   Now I'm waiting on 3 books that I've reserved with the library to show up, Farmer Boy Goes West, The Endless Steppes and one other I can't recall the name.  Until they get here, I am re-reading The Little House series.  again. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Shred the Revolutionary diet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on May. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I think I may have heard of it but what exactly is the Shred diet?

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM
It is a diet, with exercise, of course that you keep metabolism high. It is 4 small meals and 3 snacks. Book tells what to pick from each day for 6 weeks. Each week are different. Then if you have more to lose you can choose which weeks that worked well to go back to. It is pretty balanced.

Example day 1 is

1 piece of fruit, 1 piece of whole grain bread, 1 cup juice, and one of the following: 1 smallbowl of oatmeal, or 2 egg whites or omelet with diced veggied, or 1 small bowl of fat free sugar free cereal with 1% milk. Snack choose a 200 calorie or less snack (pages of snacks to choose from).
Meal 2
Chicken or turkey sandwich with whole grain bread and lettuce and tomato. Can use any herbs and spices on anything.
1 teaspoon mayo or mustard. Medium salad with max 3 tablespoons fat free dressing.
Beverafe can be freshly squeezed lemonade, water, flavored water, no sugar, unsweetened tea, low fat milk. One diet soda (1 per day max).
Snack 2 150 calories or less
Meal 3
Choose from:
Fruit smoothie, or protien shake, bowl of soup with no cream or potatoes. Watch sodium.
1 serving of fruit or veggies. Beverage of choice
Snack 3 100 calories of less
Meal 4:
5 oz chicken, turkey, or fish, not fried. 2 servings of veggies, 1 beverage. (Also before every meal and snack drink 6 oz of water)

45 min of exercise at least 20 min cardio.

Quoting Why123:

I think I may have heard of it but what exactly is the Shred diet?

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am reading the 11th in the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson.  Waiting for Karin Slaughter's new book to come out.  

Why123
by Nancy on May. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I started those but came into it late so I have only read the first 3.

Quoting mac1940:

I am reading the 11th in the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson.  Waiting for Karin Slaughter's new book to come out.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Im reading Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich.  Just finished The Round House by her.  Excellent book!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Under her Skin by Susan Mallory :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Broken- Karin Slaughter. It's the third book in her Will Trent series. Very good series.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

what new Karin Slaughter book? I've just recently discovered her and LOVE her!

Quoting mac1940:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)