Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for June 9th

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 12 Replies

It's Steakhouse Month.

How do you like your steak? What kind of steak is your favorite? How often do you eat steak?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I'm horrible with cuts of beef.  lol.  Here in the KC area, my favorite when eating out is called KC Strip.  I prefer my steak medium rare.  At the grocery store, I'll buy an arm roast (?) or some other thick cut of beef when it's on sale and slice it into 5/8" strips, freeze, then thaw in microwave and then fry in a pan with butter, a little salt n pepper.

When I was married, I could only eat steak if it was well done, and I hated red wine, much to the chagrin of my husband.  After our divorce, I dated a guy and learned to love steak that was prepared medium well as well as fell in love with red wine - Chianti or Merlot to be specific.   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM

My fav is filet mignon.  I like it cooked medium and I don't have it often but boy is it good when I can!!  lol   :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Couple times a month. I like mine medium. I love a good filet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I don't eat steak. Never have. Never will.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I hardly ever eat steak ( I was going to say I "rarely" eat steak- but it is too early in the morning for puns)  When I do I ask for well done.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I like my steaks medium.  I very rarely eat one though because beef and my blood sugar don't get along.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Any steak if cooked well is good to me. I would probably eat it once a week and sometimes I do - in one form or another!

I like my steak cooked on a high heat so that it is like well done on the outside but still a bit pink on the inside. It cannot ooze blood. There are not many places that cook it that way. If I order it med-well it is sometimes over cooked or under cooked. I really don't know how to order it. More often I cook my own.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Medium rare and either a filet or New York.   I very rarely eat steak when out to dinner but we do have at home a couple times a month.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I love a good thick rib eye marinated in Heinz57 Chicago Style marinade and cooked out on our grill. If rib eye is to expensive(which itusually is) I'll buy a good looking chuck steak and if cooked right hey taste just as good.

And I like mine cooked medium rare to medium well. I like to have some pink left in the middle.

We have it more often during the summer months so we can grill it and we try to have it once a month maybe more if we catch some on sale.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Flank steak is my favorite!!!  Yummmmm

I like it medium rare on this type of steak...all others it needs to be done. I marinade flank steak in 'plum sauce' (found in the oriental section) and soy sauce.  I sear the steak on both sides first...and cracked pepper over it all.  Marinade for a few hours...and grill on high for a couple mins each side.  

Best steak in the world.  We don't eat it as much as I'd like as it is so expensive..  but it is my favorite!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)