Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats for dinner?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 23 Replies

It was kind of stormy and chilly when I got up this morning so I decided to put a big old pot of beef stew on for dinner. I may turn it into like a pot pie and put biscuits on top and bake it in the ove for a bit and having it with salad with some red wine vinagerette.  And homemade chocolate cake with fudge frosting.

I ahve no idea why I'm in such a cooking mood.lol

So whats being served at your house? And do you ever just get in the mood to cook just for no reason?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I might be going to dinner with Brian this evening - yay! I won't have to cook!  But, for plan B in case he doesn't take me to dinner, I have lots to choose from. Chicken, beef, porkchops, hamburger, salmon.  I have romaine lettuce, cucumber and red onion still left to make a salad. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Beautiful, sunshine and warm here.  I'm loving it.  And for dinner, I'm making and grilling some pizzas - meatlovers type for hubby and probably a taco one for me.  Cherry cobbler for dessert.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

oohhhhhh cherry cobbler sounds so good ... I'll have to search for a low-carb version.  I know I can have all the whipped cream I want!  ... well of course within reason. 

Quoting mac1940:

Beautiful, sunshine and warm here.  I'm loving it.  And for dinner, I'm making and grilling some pizzas - meatlovers type for hubby and probably a taco one for me.  Cherry cobbler for dessert.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, it was going to be Chicken and Noodles. BUT the fam when fishing and caught 9 fish, so I guess it's fish!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Heck, you're just a few hours south of me... I may just drive over for dinner :)
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I do get in the mood to cook a lot!!  I enjoy it!!

We had an early dinner of grilled chicken with pasta, diced tomatoes and a light garlic / lemony sauce

DesignGirl450
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I sometimes get all gung ho and cook, but with me it is more likely, a sewing binge to make more clothes I don't need.   

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Brian and I did not go to dinner - I'll come pick you up!!!! 

Quoting momma-t42:

Heck, you're just a few hours south of me... I may just drive over for dinner :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I love fresh trout!

Quoting Cindy18:

Well, it was going to be Chicken and Noodles. BUT the fam when fishing and caught 9 fish, so I guess it's fish!

sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Just as I was about to call Dh & say "Get some steaks on the way home from golf", he called me & said, "Let's go out".  We know a place that has an AWESOME patio, so we sat outside, ate an assortment of appetizers (basically--tapas!) and drank sangria.  Now, Dh is snoring, and I am glad my housework is finished.  I worked in the yard all day yesterday, (while dh worked on our deck) and could barely move today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)