Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 78 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Hello...coffee time.  No breakfast yet.  I'm so stiff this morning.  lol  Arthritis I guess.  We had a nasty storm here yesterday evening and a lot of people were without power.  I'm pet sitting and one of the huge weeping willow trees split in half and feel.  The root is on top of the ground.  Thank goodness it didn't hit anything but the grass!! 

I'm going with a friend this morning to see her surgeon.  She was diagnosed this week with stage 2 breast cancer so she wants me to go with her.  Then I guess I'll be back here with the pups.  I'm hoping to get on the treadmill at some point.

Hope you all have a good day   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Good morning, LouAnn ... can you take ibuprofen at bedtime to maybe help with the stiff feeling?  It might help.  Scary about the storms; I know we are in line for some over the next few days.  When we are done with them, we'll probably send them over your way.    Sorry to hear about your friend and her diagnosis.  what a good friend you are to go with her. 

I was up this morning just ahead of 3 a.m. again - and got up even without my alarm being set (I forgot to turn it on!!)  I guess my brain LIKES getting up this early because it hasn't been giving me much trouble the last 3 days with this new schedule of mine.  I am enjoying getting my doctors typed up first.  Even though I know I can type them practically "in my sleep" - I don't do so well when I couple "in my sleep" AND being tired, i.e., late afternoon/evening.  So now I start at 3 a.m. and I'm all done working by 1:30 or 2.  yay! 

Well it is FRIDAY.  YAY!  Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Hello...coffee time.  No breakfast yet.  I'm so stiff this morning.  lol  Arthritis I guess.  We had a nasty storm here yesterday evening and a lot of people were without power.  I'm pet sitting and one of the huge weeping willow trees split in half and feel.  The root is on top of the ground.  Thank goodness it didn't hit anything but the grass!! 

I'm going with a friend this morning to see her surgeon.  She was diagnosed this week with stage 2 breast cancer so she wants me to go with her.  Then I guess I'll be back here with the pups.  I'm hoping to get on the treadmill at some point.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Good for you on waking up!!  Me...I think I might have turned over at 3 am.  lol  The dogs THOUGHT they could make me get up at 5 but I made them lay back down til 7.  I didn't really want to get up then!!  LOL 

Hope the storms don't get too bad for your area. 

Have a good day   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning, LouAnn ... can you take ibuprofen at bedtime to maybe help with the stiff feeling?  It might help.  Scary about the storms; I know we are in line for some over the next few days.  When we are done with them, we'll probably send them over your way.    Sorry to hear about your friend and her diagnosis.  what a good friend you are to go with her. 

I was up this morning just ahead of 3 a.m. again - and got up even without my alarm being set (I forgot to turn it on!!)  I guess my brain LIKES getting up this early because it hasn't been giving me much trouble the last 3 days with this new schedule of mine.  I am enjoying getting my doctors typed up first.  Even though I know I can type them practically "in my sleep" - I don't do so well when I couple "in my sleep" AND being tired, i.e., late afternoon/evening.  So now I start at 3 a.m. and I'm all done working by 1:30 or 2.  yay! 

Well it is FRIDAY.  YAY!  Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I have to cut all the veggies for the grad party. I have to take a client to a doctor's appointment. Home to make pasta salad for the grad party. I want to go down to the park and "gather" all the picnic tables. Home to pack up the car. At some point we will eat dinner. 

I can't wait for this party to be over. I'm a nervous reck!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Going to the bank and spring cleaning my clothes.
Having someone clean my garage so supervising that.
Tomorrow???
Sunday Dh gets home from India and Japan sometime in the morning. He is gonna be dead tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Working.  I am in a foul mood today.  The guy in the next cube hasn't shown up for the last 3 days.  He called in Wed.  I know he had tickets for Cirque de Solie on Wed night.  So he called in yesterday.  Why mess up a perfectly good vacation by coming in on Friday.  Grrrrrrrr.  I find it really hard to believe that he is sick.  He said he was going to see the doctor tomorrow.  What doctor has office hours on a Saturday.  That gives him an excuse to not come in on Monday either.  Rant over.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I really dislike people who take advantage of others by pulling these stunts.  How old is this guy?  but yes, I'm sure he's having a nice vacation.  sick?  yeah.  probably sick of work.  lol. 

Believe it or not there are a handful of doctors who do see people on the weekends.   I always thought a doctor or dentist could actually bring in MORE revenue if they did this.  Close the office on Wednesday or something and open on Saturday that week instead.  I  always hated having to use up my PTO to go see a doctor or a dentist during the week! 

Quoting Why123:

Working.  I am in a foul mood today.  The guy in the next cube hasn't shown up for the last 3 days.  He called in Wed.  I know he had tickets for Cirque de Solie on Wed night.  So he called in yesterday.  Why mess up a perfectly good vacation by coming in on Friday.  Grrrrrrrr.  I find it really hard to believe that he is sick.  He said he was going to see the doctor tomorrow.  What doctor has office hours on a Saturday.  That gives him an excuse to not come in on Monday either.  Rant over.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

He turned 66 in April and I will be 66 in August.  Retirement is not a possibility for either of us right now.  Nobody else here knows what we know.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I really dislike people who take advantage of others by pulling these stunts.  How old is this guy?  but yes, I'm sure he's having a nice vacation.  sick?  yeah.  probably sick of work.  lol. 

Believe it or not there are a handful of doctors who do see people on the weekends.   I always thought a doctor or dentist could actually bring in MORE revenue if they did this.  Close the office on Wednesday or something and open on Saturday that week instead.  I  always hated having to use up my PTO to go see a doctor or a dentist during the week! 

Quoting Why123:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Aww...I'm sorry!!  Don't be nervous!!  Just do what you need to and enjoy every minute of it!  You sure do have a lot to do though!!   Let us know all about it.   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

I have to cut all the veggies for the grad party. I have to take a client to a doctor's appointment. Home to make pasta salad for the grad party. I want to go down to the park and "gather" all the picnic tables. Home to pack up the car. At some point we will eat dinner. 

I can't wait for this party to be over. I'm a nervous reck!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I know you will be happy to see dh!  Let us know what he brings you back!!   :)

Quoting atlmom2:

Going to the bank and spring cleaning my clothes.
Having someone clean my garage so supervising that.
Tomorrow???
Sunday Dh gets home from India and Japan sometime in the morning. He is gonna be dead tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN