Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you get or make to give as a Father's Day gift?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

My husband likes the Charles Kuralt CDs on trips around the US, so I bought him a book by another author on travels around the US.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
More snow and winter weight training never stops!
Yesterday at 12:40 PM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

We got him a water bottle for his bike and filled it with Hershey Kisses and Reeses Pieces and some funny dice. We also got a magnet for the fridge and a steel with a bone pistol-grip handle to sharpen knives and tools. Anna also made him a certificate for us to take him shopping for a hat. We bought him some blueberries, pork rinds, ice cream and Anna cooked him scrambled eggs. I made the bacon. We made him brownies with chocolate chips in them, chocolate frosting, Mini M&M's on top with whipped cream and more mini M&M's and we served it with ice cream! He loves pork so we are broiling some chops and ka-bobs for dinner. Anna answered a bunch of questions about her Dad and we gave him that along with a home-made card about how he is like a squirrel. The answers and the squirrel thing was pretty funny! 

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Cool gifts! And cooking is favorites is a good idea, too!

Quoting LEK19:

We got him a water bottle for his bike and filled it with Hershey Kisses and Reeses Pieces and some funny dice. We also got a magnet for the fridge and a steel with a bone pistol-grip handle to sharpen knives and tools. Anna also made him a certificate for us to take him shopping for a hat. We bought him some blueberries, pork rinds, ice cream and Anna cooked him scrambled eggs. I made the bacon. We made him brownies with chocolate chips in them, chocolate frosting, Mini M&M's on top with whipped cream and more mini M&M's and we served it with ice cream! He loves pork so we are broiling some chops and ka-bobs for dinner. Anna answered a bunch of questions about her Dad and we gave him that along with a home-made card about how he is like a squirrel. The answers and the squirrel thing was pretty funny! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

We no longer exchange gifts in my family.   And my ex-husband, the legal father to my kids, died a few years ago.

but I went over to my parents and just got back.  they live like 5 minutes from me and I see them on average maybe once a week - now that I'm back working at home and have rearranged my schedule, I can pop in on them more often.  and ha!  i remembered to take pics of their bird feeders and then was able to get a pic of my dad - and my mom.  lol.

I told dad to smile - and wow what a goofy smile!  lol

and I snapped this pic just AS I was starting to say "smile" for mom.  lol.

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I sent my son, who lives out of state, some gift cards (for Dunkin Donuts & Subway)  along with his card.  He has a birthday this week so he'll be getting more gifts :)  I am making up a gift to give my husband who is working today.  I bought a small plastic cooler & an assortment of his favorite snacks - I'll make it up like a gift basket.  I also bought some things for the backyard to replace those which were destroyed by storm Sandy - some bamboo tiki torches, the oil to put in them and citronella candles in decorative buckets.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Larry likes t-shirts so we bought him a Cool Grandpa T-Shirt and a pair of jean shorts from the grand kids and Kali made him a card. Then I found him a album at the flea market yesterday by Heart he likes and bought him some Russel Stovers dark chocolates.

Tuesday we'll be having a family cookout since thats the next day he has off and once he gets the fire started I'll be doing the grilling so he can set back and relax. Also will be making him his favorite cake ,German Chocolate.

Momforhealth
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Im taking an art class this summer....i had to go to four museums last week with my kids in tow. We painted pictures of something they love about their Dad...they explained each one to him and why he is special. Made big breakfast. We just had a water balloon hose fight.
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I bought my hubby 2 shorts and 2 shirts.  My daughter gave him a book.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

You have a lovely family! I love your Dad's smile!

Quoting suzeebloch:

We no longer exchange gifts in my family.   And my ex-husband, the legal father to my kids, died a few years ago.

but I went over to my parents and just got back.  they live like 5 minutes from me and I see them on average maybe once a week - now that I'm back working at home and have rearranged my schedule, I can pop in on them more often.  and ha!  i remembered to take pics of their bird feeders and then was able to get a pic of my dad - and my mom.  lol.

I told dad to smile - and wow what a goofy smile!  lol

and I snapped this pic just AS I was starting to say "smile" for mom.  lol.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't think of sending anything to my sons. Good idea. And I like your idea of gifts for your husband.

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

I sent my son, who lives out of state, some gift cards (for Dunkin Donuts & Subway)  along with his card.  He has a birthday this week so he'll be getting more gifts :)  I am making up a gift to give my husband who is working today.  I bought a small plastic cooler & an assortment of his favorite snacks - I'll make it up like a gift basket.  I also bought some things for the backyard to replace those which were destroyed by storm Sandy - some bamboo tiki torches, the oil to put in them and citronella candles in decorative buckets.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

This is such a thoughtful set of gifts! He'll enjoy relaxing, I'm sure. Nice to have a family cookout.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Larry likes t-shirts so we bought him a Cool Grandpa T-Shirt and a pair of jean shorts from the grand kids and Kali made him a card. Then I found him a album at the flea market yesterday by Heart he likes and bought him some Russel Stovers dark chocolates.

Tuesday we'll be having a family cookout since thats the next day he has off and once he gets the fire started I'll be doing the grilling so he can set back and relax. Also will be making him his favorite cake ,German Chocolate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)