Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is getting married

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 31 Replies
My son is getting. Married. Saturday. I shoud be more happy. For him but I filling. Like i am losing. Him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Why??? Kids are supposed to grow and move out, get married and live their own lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Moms with their sons are way different than moms with daughters...per what it seems anyway.

When my oldest daughter got married, we sent her off with a "no return policy."  It was a great day.

Another observation I have made (I have all daughters by the way) is, girls want to be their husbands "one an only."  You were the same way when you married  your husband.  They have to go through that transition, and the sooner you respect the process, the quicker they will get through it and she'll embrace you as well.  

I have to admit, I am glad I have all daughter's as I cannot relate to how  you are feeling.  I just know that I am a wife and my mother-in-law could have welcomed me as a daughter and our transition would have been much easier.

So, I am sorry you feel the way you do, but I hope for your sake, you'll get through it quickly so you be a supportive mother in law and thus not lose your son.  :)  best wishes.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM

It may be more of a since of losing the little boy you once had.  I have that deep sad feeling sometimes with my DDs and they are not married!  I just feel them getting older, they need me less, and I miss the little girls that once held my hand and my heart.  I have to remember that they do not need me to hold their little hands any longer, but I have to be proud and excited for them to be the adults I dreamed they would be.  Such is life, and yes - they will always hold my heart!!  MommaT42 is right in that you do not want your new DIL to feel like she is taking him away -  welcome her and love them both!  Best wishes!

starsis68
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Thanks. I gess I have to get use to.him growing up I was a single. Mom for a long time with him and he is my first. Born. And it was jast me and him for a long time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Welcome his new wife into your heart and life and you will find you didn't lose a son but instead gained a friend and a daughter.

starsis68
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
She is about 10 years older than him and has 2 children one is my girl age and she will not play with my girl when There together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Big congrats to him!
Do you like your new dil to be?
You won't lose him but things will be different.
Be happy for him :)

starsis68
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I told him I. Jast want Him to be happy I fess I jast have to get use to the change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starsis68
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I told him I. Jast want Him to be happy I jast have to get use to the change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM

It is a change yes,
Do you like/get along with his wife to be?

Quoting starsis68:

I told him I. Jast want Him to be happy I jast have to get use to the change

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)