Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP! ETA...KEEP IT UP PLEASE...IT'S WORKING!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 21 Replies

My son is almost at the half way point of his Paramedic course and he's doing quite well in every area but one. With two and a half weeks left he still needs ten calls from his ridealong time. This is where I am asking for your help. However you manifest power; good thoughts, spells, prayers, meditation, etc., please direct some to the idea that he will be able to get the calls he needs.

He really needs to get through the course this time. He was dropped from it once already, despite being second in his class, when the (forgive me) b*tch of an instructor refused to allow him to make up the work from five classes and a lab he missed while he was deployed with FEMA doing emergency relief in New York and New Jersey during and after Sandy hit. She got away with it because such deployments are considered as sub-contracts and not excused by law as those of the National Guard.

I would really appreciate any energy you can direct his way. He's really a good kid and all he wants is to be able to do more for his patients as a full Paramedic, thanks!

UPDATE: Thank you all and please keep it up! In three days of ridealong he's gotten several calls so now he only needs two more. He is really grateful for all the positive energy you're all sending and is feeling much more confident that he'll get through the semester. 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Well, I'm not the praying type so I'll send out good thoughts .... however, it does seem kinda strange to be HOPING for 10 ride-along calls.  lol   I will certainly HOPE that every one of those calls is just a minor incident and that everyone ends up okay. 

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM
I know that it's rather ghoulish in that sense but of course it is the way all medical personal are trained, handling calls under supervision. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, I'm not the praying type so I'll send out good thoughts .... however, it does seem kinda strange to be HOPING for 10 ride-along calls.  lol   I will certainly HOPE that every one of those calls is just a minor incident and that everyone ends up okay. 

nermall1102
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM
I will be sending good thoughts and praying for him! Hugs to you momma!
GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Thank you.

Quoting nermall1102:

I will be sending good thoughts and praying for him! Hugs to you momma!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Good Luck to your son!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Wishing your son good luck. I am surprised they don't provide him with the ride along calls though.
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I don't pray, but am sending positive thoughts and good wishes.  I hope he succeeds. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM

good luck to him!

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Thank you
Quoting Cindy18:

Good Luck to your son!

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Thanks for the good wishes.

Not only do they not provide calls for the students each student must line up their own affiliation with either a local private ambulance service or fire department and there are not enough positions available for even two-thirds of the students. My son received his acceptance letter at the end of the acceptance period and all the places were already taken. He had to wait almost three weeks for an opening. Beyond that they must have a certain number of different calls in terms of cause, severity, and treatment and that isn't something anyone controls. He is hopeful that the instructor, a different one from his last try, will allow those students that have the appropriate time but not the requisite calls to continue beyond the semester. The teacher said as much at one point but given what happened last time my son is a bit worried despite the fact that he has put in more than the required time but without getting the calls required.

Quoting mac1940:

Wishing your son good luck. I am surprised they don't provide him with the ride along calls though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN