Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP! ETA...KEEP IT UP PLEASE...IT'S WORKING!

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is almost at the half way point of his Paramedic course and he's doing quite well in every area but one. With two and a half weeks left he still needs ten calls from his ridealong time. This is where I am asking for your help. However you manifest power; good thoughts, spells, prayers, meditation, etc., please direct some to the idea that he will be able to get the calls he needs.

He really needs to get through the course this time. He was dropped from it once already, despite being second in his class, when the (forgive me) b*tch of an instructor refused to allow him to make up the work from five classes and a lab he missed while he was deployed with FEMA doing emergency relief in New York and New Jersey during and after Sandy hit. She got away with it because such deployments are considered as sub-contracts and not excused by law as those of the National Guard.

I would really appreciate any energy you can direct his way. He's really a good kid and all he wants is to be able to do more for his patients as a full Paramedic, thanks!

UPDATE: Thank you all and please keep it up! In three days of ridealong he's gotten several calls so now he only needs two more. He is really grateful for all the positive energy you're all sending and is feeling much more confident that he'll get through the semester. 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Thank you for your good thoughts.
Quoting DesignGirl450:

I don't pray, but am sending positive thoughts and good wishes.  I hope he succeeds. 

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Thank you very much.
Quoting LadySaphira:

good luck to him!

Musical661
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I am sending all the Godly thoughts and Prayers for you Both.  my Hubby is a Med Tech.  So I can relate.  Have a Great Evening/Day! forgot to change the font  Sorry!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

That is such bureacratic crap.  I am so sorry the system has FAILED him on that one.  You have my prayer that he completes what must be a passion for him.  Best wishes and tell extend my thanks,  I can only imagine what paramedic work must be like.  It is another one of those professions that are truly a gift from the hard experiences one is willing to endure.

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I don't know if your husband is "on the street" but if so I will keep him in my thoughts that he will be safe always. The work that people like your husband and my son do is truly in service to the universe and is a blessing to us all.
Quoting Musical661:

I am sending all the Godly thoughts and Prayers for you Both.  my Hubby is a Med Tech.  So I can relate.  Have a Great Evening/Day! forgot to change the font  Sorry!

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much for your support, I agree it is crap and I agree with you about the profession. My son was meant to do this work, it practically seeps from his pores, it is truly what he should/must be doing. I know that I'm his mother but honestly it makes me crazy what my son has gone through in this. He lost his full tuition after the Sandy debacle and now again is facing being dropped for something over which he has no control.
Quoting Maddie24:

That is such bureacratic crap.  I am so sorry the system has FAILED him on that one.  You have my prayer that he completes what must be a passion for him.  Best wishes and tell extend my thanks,  I can only imagine what paramedic work must be like.  It is another one of those professions that are truly a gift from the hard experiences one is willing to endure.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Consider it done.     :-)          

praying

hugss
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Tons of good thoughts sent your way :)

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Thank you

Quoting LeJane:

Consider it done.     :-)          

praying

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you friend, my son and I appreciate it.

Quoting hugss:

Tons of good thoughts sent your way :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)