Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Whatcha Reading NOW??? ATTN: RONNA!!!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 30 Replies

I know that this is asked a lot but I love, love, love to read.....

I'm reading the last Sookie book now.

RONNA:::: How did you like Triptych??

~~CINDY

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I'm reading The Cage Graves by Dianne Salerni

17-year-old Verity Boone expects a warm homecoming when she returns to Catawissa, Pennsylvania, in 1867, pledged to marry a man she has never met. Instead, she finds a father she barely knows and a future husband with whom she apparently has nothing in common. One truly horrifying surprise awaits her: the graves of her mother and aunt are enclosed in iron cages outside the local cemetery. Nobody in town will explain why, but Verity hears rumors of buried treasure and witchcraft. Perhaps the cages were built to keep grave robbers out . . . or to keep the women in. Determined to understand, Verity finds  herself in a life-and-death struggle with people she trusted.

Inspired by a pair of real caged graves in present-day Catawissa, this historical YA novel weaves mystery, romance, and action into a suspenseful drama with human greed and passion at its core.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I have about 90 pages left of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I posted a couple days ago that I'm really enjoying it!!  Very good book!!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I remember your post!!

I loved that series. It's not an easy read, though. The 2nd book is the best, IMO.

Quoting KittyGram:

I have about 90 pages left of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I posted a couple days ago that I'm really enjoying it!!  Very good book!!

Lindalou907
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I need to borrow the third GWDTattoo book... I liked the second one better than the first too. I'm reading "The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult right now for book club. It's pretty good!

Tameez
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Deeply Odd,  Dean Koontz.  I love this series.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The 12th in James Patterson's  Women's Murder Club series.  Good reads.  I think a couple of them have been turned into movies.  I think they would make a terrific television series.  The 2nd of July Karin Slaughter's new book comes out title Unseen.  Looking forward to that.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

nothing  ATM..need more books!

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM

You're right, it's not an easy read.  I almost gave up a few times, but just kept pushing on.  I'm really glad I did - it's such a well-written story!

Quoting Cindy18:

I remember your post!!

I loved that series. It's not an easy read, though. The 2nd book is the best, IMO.

Quoting KittyGram:

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Just finished reading Taliesin by Stephen Lawhead.Its  the first in a series of The Pendragon Cycle. There is five books total:Taliesin,Merlin,Arthur,Pendragon and Grail. 

Its an older series of books and I think I might of read one of them out of order before. I found this one at a flea market,now I have to hunt down the rest.

I love reading anything to do with Merlin and Arthur,that time period,And all the mysticism and history of the area it deals with.  And Stephen R. Lawhead is a very good Fantasy author.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Three Sister by Susan Mallory :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)