Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sleep test is tonight. update

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 61 Replies

I was just called, and the sleep test will be tonight. If I need the second night, it will be next Monday. They had a cancellation, and I don't mind doing it tonight, only I hadn't planned for it and was going to be sure to get up extra early as suggested. But OK.  So I am going to get my shower and teeth and meds all done before I go over so I just have to change my clothes and relax, hehehe.

Update: Well the best part was being able to sit and read while the tech hooked up another lady in another bedroom down the hall. I changed into jammies, he hooked about 15 or so monitors to my scalp, legs, chest, face, neck. And that was it. I thought I'd be able to read some more, but it was lights out.

The room was furnished as a bedroom,  reasonably comfortable, with private bath. I brought my own pillow and little blanket. Didn't sleep much because I was worried about whether I'd sleep. LOL!  This morning the tech got me up at 5:30 and at 6 I was on my way home.  They'll call with results.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Good luck!  How are you at sleeping at strange places?

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Good luck!  Hope it turns out well.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Have a good time!  Maybe the doctors will be cute!  :o)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Hope you're able to sleep well and not have to do 2 nights.    :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I wish dh would get one. I know hw has sleep apnea and he flat out refuses to get one. His snoring would wake the dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Good Luck!!!

Can you take sleep meds when doing a sleep study?? I have a very hard time sleeping in a strange place. My SO thinks I have sleep apena but I'm afraid to have a study done.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Good luck! I couldn't sleep in a lab. I can't even sleep on vacation until about the fourth night. LOL

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I'm very bad at sleeping in strange places. The first night I typically don't sleep. So I just took a walk, and I'll take reading material, and my pillow, and see how it goes.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Good luck!  How are you at sleeping at strange places?

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Thank you. I'd like them to find out why I have trouble staying awake sometimes. I just don't think it is apnea.

Quoting mac1940:

Good luck!  Hope it turns out well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN