Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My sleep test is tonight. update

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just called, and the sleep test will be tonight. If I need the second night, it will be next Monday. They had a cancellation, and I don't mind doing it tonight, only I hadn't planned for it and was going to be sure to get up extra early as suggested. But OK.  So I am going to get my shower and teeth and meds all done before I go over so I just have to change my clothes and relax, hehehe.

Update: Well the best part was being able to sit and read while the tech hooked up another lady in another bedroom down the hall. I changed into jammies, he hooked about 15 or so monitors to my scalp, legs, chest, face, neck. And that was it. I thought I'd be able to read some more, but it was lights out.

The room was furnished as a bedroom,  reasonably comfortable, with private bath. I brought my own pillow and little blanket. Didn't sleep much because I was worried about whether I'd sleep. LOL!  This morning the tech got me up at 5:30 and at 6 I was on my way home.  They'll call with results.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with this.  Let us know how things turn out.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!
Let us know how it goes :)

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM

From what I observed, the machines these days are the size of a radio, and they have nose only as well as nose and mouth coverings.

Quoting atlmom2:

DH's Dad had it. He doesn't want to deal with a C pap machine.

Quoting Bmat:

My family doctor said to tell it is sleep apnea you hear a steady snore, then a pause, then a loud gasp and more snoring. My husband has never done this, but the sleep doctor said that the loud snoring is a symptom.

Quoting atlmom2:

That's him.

Quoting Bmat:

One of the signs of sleep apnea according to the doctor I consulted is loud snoring. If it can be heard in another room or another floor, for example.

Quoting atlmom2:

I wish dh would get one. I know hw has sleep apnea and he flat out refuses to get one. His snoring would wake the dead.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. It was OK, not terrible. :)

Quoting Maddie24:

I hope all is going well.  You were smart to take a walk and hopefully you will be able to sleep.  Let us know how it goes!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM

so ... were there any cute technicians?   Too bad they didn't let you read until you fell asleep.  I would have had a very hard time falling asleep under those conditions, especially considering you can't take any sleepy meds. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Be sure to let us know what you find out!!   :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Have you been checked for diabetes or narcolepsy?  One of the symptoms of diabetes is being tired and just going to sleep whenever.  Narcolepsy  is where you go to sleep frequently and not always at opportune times.    

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you. I'd like them to find out why I have trouble staying awake sometimes. I just don't think it is apnea.

Quoting mac1940:

Good luck!  Hope it turns out well.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Yes, Both techs were cute, and very nice.

Quoting suzeebloch:

so ... were there any cute technicians?   Too bad they didn't let you read until you fell asleep.  I would have had a very hard time falling asleep under those conditions, especially considering you can't take any sleepy meds. 

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

For diabetes yes, and don't have it. Some of the questions on the forms asked about what I would consider narcolepsy, such as falling asleep while driving, which I don't do. But if I sit down in the late afternoon with a book, it isn't long before I doze off. And this isn't so bad, but lectures in the late afternoon and evening that I am actually excited about, I have to struggle the whole time to stay awake. >:-(

Quoting mac1940:

Have you been checked for diabetes or narcolepsy?  One of the symptoms of diabetes is being tired and just going to sleep whenever.  Narcolepsy  is where you go to sleep frequently and not always at opportune times.    

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you. I'd like them to find out why I have trouble staying awake sometimes. I just don't think it is apnea.

Quoting mac1940:

Good luck!  Hope it turns out well.

lifeglow
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
when do u get the results?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)