Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sleep test is tonight. update

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just called, and the sleep test will be tonight. If I need the second night, it will be next Monday. They had a cancellation, and I don't mind doing it tonight, only I hadn't planned for it and was going to be sure to get up extra early as suggested. But OK.  So I am going to get my shower and teeth and meds all done before I go over so I just have to change my clothes and relax, hehehe.

Update: Well the best part was being able to sit and read while the tech hooked up another lady in another bedroom down the hall. I changed into jammies, he hooked about 15 or so monitors to my scalp, legs, chest, face, neck. And that was it. I thought I'd be able to read some more, but it was lights out.

The room was furnished as a bedroom,  reasonably comfortable, with private bath. I brought my own pillow and little blanket. Didn't sleep much because I was worried about whether I'd sleep. LOL!  This morning the tech got me up at 5:30 and at 6 I was on my way home.  They'll call with results.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (61-61):
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing so well! I have a similar fear of something over my face and asked about it the first time I was there. They showed me the nose only one. If I could get away with the little oxygen things it would be even better. I'll bring this up. :)

Quoting Looking4Truth:

I had a sleep test done twice, and now I'm on oxygen.  At first they put me on a CPAP machine, but I have a phobia about things being put over my face so I couldn't wear any of the masks they gave me.  They even gave me a small little nose mask so my face wasn't covered at all, and still I couldn't stand it.  Now that I'm on oxygen alone and I only have to have those two tiny short tubes in my nostrils, everything is perfect and I sleep like a log!!  What a difference it has made in my life!!!  I hope everything works out well for you!!!  You'll sleep much better with some help!  Trust me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)