Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today...Wednesday?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 33 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Helloooo.....coffee time and wake up time for me.  lol  Feeling a little groggy today but this coffee should kick in soon.  I've got a couple of houses today and then it's gym time.  Not sure what else.  Hope you all have a good day!!!    :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Good morning, LouAnn!  My doctors had a little more than average amount of work for me so I was up at 2:30 this morning.  lol.  I download their work in the evenings so I can calculate when I need to wake up. 

Now I'm getting ready to start my other job. 

At noon, I'm going to buy some raw milk!  I've never had it before but want to give it a try.  They deliver once a week to the KC area but you have to order it first and then go pick it up.  I recently have been purchasing whole cream from the store that is batch-pastuerized, not ultra-pastuerized.  It's not homogenized, either and no fillers, so it was interesting to me that this cream is less "thick" than the whipping cream I've been purchasing all my life which has carrageenan added to make it thicker.    And I'm looking forward to making my yogurt and farmer's cheese with raw milk I'm purchasing today.

It's supposed to be a scorcher again here and we are under a heat advisory! heat index to be 100 to 105 this afternoon.  yikes! 

Have a great day, ladies!

lulalacroix
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Good morning!

No coffee for me bc I haven't slept yet. I'm writing a book. It's hard to concentrate during the day with a noisy house, so my days and nights are backwards right now.

So first is sleeping. Afterwards, couponing/grocery shopping, dinner, then back to the book.

Good luck on your cheese and yogurt making Suzeebloch. These things are on my short list of things to learn. Let us know how it works out.
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Off to work this morning and hoping that the internet is back up in our facility. We haven't had it for two days and I now realize how much I depend on it for my job. Off to a Little League ball game this evening to watch my neice play. She calls everytime she has a game and we try to get there. She's seven and it's important to her. Have to work on some Bible School decorations in there somewhere. Just another busy day for me!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:12 AM

You were up super early!!  That's about the time I turned over last night.  lol  I hope you have a good day!!  That's interesting about the cream and milk.  Way to go!!  Let us know how it goes when making it and if you like it even better.  Stay cool today!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning, LouAnn!  My doctors had a little more than average amount of work for me so I was up at 2:30 this morning.  lol.  I download their work in the evenings so I can calculate when I need to wake up. 

Now I'm getting ready to start my other job. 

At noon, I'm going to buy some raw milk!  I've never had it before but want to give it a try.  They deliver once a week to the KC area but you have to order it first and then go pick it up.  I recently have been purchasing whole cream from the store that is batch-pastuerized, not ultra-pastuerized.  It's not homogenized, either and no fillers, so it was interesting to me that this cream is less "thick" than the whipping cream I've been purchasing all my life which has carrageenan added to make it thicker.    And I'm looking forward to making my yogurt and farmer's cheese with raw milk I'm purchasing today.

It's supposed to be a scorcher again here and we are under a heat advisory! heat index to be 100 to 105 this afternoon.  yikes! 

Have a great day, ladies!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Hope you get some sleep and then all of your "chores" done.  Have a good day!!!    :)

Quoting lulalacroix:

Good morning!

No coffee for me bc I haven't slept yet. I'm writing a book. It's hard to concentrate during the day with a noisy house, so my days and nights are backwards right now.

So first is sleeping. Afterwards, couponing/grocery shopping, dinner, then back to the book.

Good luck on your cheese and yogurt making Suzeebloch. These things are on my short list of things to learn. Let us know how it works out.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Busy busy!!  lol  Hope the internet is back up and running!!  Enjoy the bible school stuff.  I love that!  We had so much fun!  Take care and have a good day   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Off to work this morning and hoping that the internet is back up in our facility. We haven't had it for two days and I now realize how much I depend on it for my job. Off to a Little League ball game this evening to watch my neice play. She calls everytime she has a game and we try to get there. She's seven and it's important to her. Have to work on some Bible School decorations in there somewhere. Just another busy day for me!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Going to a lunch with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I've been making my own yogurt for years.  Just recently started making the farmer's cheese because I use that to make a low-carb "bread."  I am more than happy to share my recipes and techniques!  Just ask.  The equipment needed for the yogurt (and cheese) is a meat thermometer that can read up to 180 degrees, and a work light (or trouble light) using a 75-watt incandescent bulb in the oven!  I have been re-using store-bought yogurt cups with lids for my yogurt. 

Quoting lulalacroix:

Good morning!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM

what kind of book are you writing?

Quoting lulalacroix:

Good morning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)