Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I wonder

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 24 Replies

My daughter and granddaughter went to a concert last night.  They saw STYX and REO Speedwagon.  What I would like to know is do you like going to concerts?  How many have you gone to?  Who have you seen?  Which was your favorite?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I don't like crowds so I don't like or go to many concerts. I've been to maybe 5.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I have only been to 2 big-name concerts - and both times it was The Eagles. They are awesome.  I was invited as a guest both times so I didn't have to pay or bother with parking.  lol. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I bet they had a wonderful time.  I saw Styx a few years ago and they were awesome! I would love to see REO too.  I am the concert queen.  I have been to at least 120 concerts. I have seen almost everyone back in the day they used to have Days on the Green in Los Angeles and there would be a 7 band line up. all popular.  Soo much fun. My favorite band was Journey.  The energy of the crowd was indescribable.  I am going to go see Van Halen (2nd time) next month with some high school buddies.  Its going to be like stepping back in time.  Cant Wait!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I used to go to concerts a lot, but haven't been for awhile.  I have seen Bruce Springsteen, Kenny Rogers, Elvis Presley, Bill Haley and the Comets, Reba McIntire,  and a few others.  Couldn't say for sure who was my favorite as I enjoyed them all.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I love going to concerts and thats sort of a hobby of my husbands and I. Not that we can afford to go to many but we try to get to at least one or two a year especially if they are close by.

My very first concert was in 9th grade and Iwent with a group of friends as a birthday party for one of them to see David Cassidy. Just remembering all those screaming girls.lol  Then I won a pair of tickets from my boss at the time when I was about 20 to go see Kenny Rogers and Dottie West.

My ex didn't like going and so we didn't go to any. My DH and I now have seen so many in the past 13 years and several we've seen more then once.

We've seen AC/DC,Sir Elton John,John Mellencamp twice,Tom Petty twice and we won tickets both times,Styx at least 4 times,REO twice,Ted Nugent 3 or 4 times,Aerosmith twice,the 1st time we were outside in a thunder storm they actually delayed the concert because of a tornado warning then it rained the whole concert which was pretty lousy,But I won tickets to see them at the Sprint center in KS city and it was an awesome concerta picture I took.We've seen KISS and Motley Cruewho still rock hard and put on an fantastic show. ZZTop several times and is one my all time favorite bands,RUSH 3 times so far and am going to see them for the 4th time in August,Kenny Wayne Shephard if you like the blues he is a fantastic blue guitarist,Eric Clapton he is a great musician and singer,The Moody Blues twice,The Doobie Brothers,KANSAS,Willie Nelson,Alice Cooper,my husband entered me in a radio contest and we won tickets to see him,I wasn't to sur eif I would like his show but we were right in front of the stage I actually got to give him a hug! He does a great show!,Lynyrd Skynyrd 4 times,38 Special 3 times,Blondie and Pat Benatar for old ladies in their 50s/60s they rock hard and still sound awesome,Bob Dylan and with him being such a music icon and legend it was the worst concert we've seen ,there was no interaction with the crowd(We were front row)you couldn't understand a word he said, it stunk!! Foriegner twice,Poison twice(first concert I saw with my daughter when she was 16yo). And I know I've forgotten some we've seen.

Out of all of the ones we've seen I would have to say I have my top two and that would be Aerosmith and,Elton John.  All of them have been fantastic to see if I  could see any of them again it would be AC/DC,ZZTop,Tom Petty oh heck it would be all of them.lol Except Bob Dylan unless he improves greatly!

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

My daughter and a lady here at work who went said that STYX was awesome.  They said REO was not so good.  The lady who works here said she would go to see Styx again but she would not go to see REO again.

Quoting Esmrlda:

I bet they had a wonderful time.  I saw Styx a few years ago and they were awesome! I would love to see REO too.  I am the concert queen.  I have been to at least 120 concerts. I have seen almost everyone back in the day they used to have Days on the Green in Los Angeles and there would be a 7 band line up. all popular.  Soo much fun. My favorite band was Journey.  The energy of the crowd was indescribable.  I am going to go see Van Halen (2nd time) next month with some high school buddies.  Its going to be like stepping back in time.  Cant Wait!

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Wow!  You have had the opportunity to experience a lot of great music.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

I love going to concerts and thats sort of a hobby of my husbands and I. Not that we can afford to go to many but we try to get to at least one or two a year especially if they are close by.

My very first concert was in 9th grade and Iwent with a group of friends as a birthday party for one of them to see David Cassidy. Just remembering all those screaming girls.lol  Then I won a pair of tickets from my boss at the time when I was about 20 to go see Kenny Rogers and Dottie West.

My ex didn't like going and so we didn't go to any. My DH and I now have seen so many in the past 13 years and several we've seen more then once.

We've seen AC/DC,Sir Elton John,John Mellencamp twice,Tom Petty twice and we won tickets both times,Styx at least 4 times,REO twice,Ted Nugent 3 or 4 times,Aerosmith twice,the 1st time we were outside in a thunder storm they actually delayed the concert because of a tornado warning then it rained the whole concert which was pretty lousy,But I won tickets to see them at the Sprint center in KS city and it was an awesome concerta picture I took.We've seen KISS and Motley Cruewho still rock hard and put on an fantastic show. ZZTop several times and is one my all time favorite bands,RUSH 3 times so far and am going to see them for the 4th time in August,Kenny Wayne Shephard if you like the blues he is a fantastic blue guitarist,Eric Clapton he is a great musician and singer,The Moody Blues twice,The Doobie Brothers,KANSAS,Willie Nelson,Alice Cooper,my husband entered me in a radio contest and we won tickets to see him,I wasn't to sur eif I would like his show but we were right in front of the stage I actually got to give him a hug! He does a great show!,Lynyrd Skynyrd 4 times,38 Special 3 times,Blondie and Pat Benatar for old ladies in their 50s/60s they rock hard and still sound awesome,Bob Dylan and with him being such a music icon and legend it was the worst concert we've seen ,there was no interaction with the crowd(We were front row)you couldn't understand a word he said, it stunk!! Foriegner twice,Poison twice(first concert I saw with my daughter when she was 16yo). And I know I've forgotten some we've seen.

Out of all of the ones we've seen I would have to say I have my top two and that would be Aerosmith and,Elton John.  All of them have been fantastic to see if I  could see any of them again it would be AC/DC,ZZTop,Tom Petty oh heck it would be all of them.lol Except Bob Dylan unless he improves greatly!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I saw them with Boston and I was not so eager to see them but yeah they blew everyone away. I would see them again.

Quoting Why123:

My daughter and a lady here at work who went said that STYX was awesome.  They said REO was not so good.  The lady who works here said she would go to see Styx again but she would not go to see REO again.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I ahve gone to two concerts....one was one of those ones were about 20 not as well known bands play that lasts several hours. It was fun but  because of the type of music it was (heavy metal  mostly) so there were a lot of drugs, drunks, and fights. 
I liked the music but it was kind of hard to hear and enjoy with fight breaking out all around you.

The other was a conert featuring Hoobastank, stained, and 3 doors down. We missed Hoobastank thanks to my sister's perpetual lateness but I loved hearing stained and 3DD were great. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I love music so I have been to lots of concerts.  I have seen the Beatles, Victor Borge and Frank Sinatra (a big disappointment because he couldn't remember the words).  More recently Smokey Robinson, Duran Duran and Rick Springfield.  I enjoyed Barry Manilow.  That was a really good concert.  I also got to see The Association a couple of years back.  They are one of my all time favorite groups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)