Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for July 3rd

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM
  • 12 Replies

It's Eggplant Month.

Do you like it? Have do you cook it?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I like eggplant, I usually fry it, but we have put it in spaghetti sauce too!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:16 AM

As veggies go, eggplant is a lower carb vegetable than others.  I have a big one now sitting on my counter and I plan to parboil peeled slices and then make a sort of casserole with mozzerella cheese, walnuts, bacon, salt/pepper and nutmeg. In years past, cracker crumbs went into this casserole but I discovered I can skip the crackers and still get a similar result - at least as far as taste. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I don't believe that I have ever cooked eggplant.  My mom made it a lot and we ate it all of the time when I was a kid.  I still like it and will eat it on occasion.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It's been a very long time since I last cooked eggplant.  My daughter was a vegetarian for a couple years when she still lived with me, so I cooked it at least every now and then.  I made eggplant parmesan.  I made babba ganoush (spelling??) once, but didn't like it.  

My niece grilled it, with maybe olive oil, salt and pepper.  That was pretty good.

Every now and then, when I'm at the grocery store, I will think that I really need to look up some eggplant recipes and put one on the next week's menu, but it hasn't happened yet.   

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yum. Love it. Don't cook it as often as I should. Dh likes it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Don't like it!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I have a couple greek recipes I use it in and once in awhile grill it.  We like it but have to admit I don't buy or cook it very often.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I'm not terribly fond of it but I do like a Sicillian recipe my kids found and I do like eggplant parmesan. My mom used to fry it all the time. I wasn't so into that.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I only like eggplant in eggplant parmesan, and I'm not very good at cooking this. My husband doesn't like it at all.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Don't like it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)