Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 35 Replies

come tell us...

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Ok..something must be wrong with my computer.  CM doesn't even look the same.  When I pull up my groups they're all stacked under each other and when I went to start this post I couldn't even see the title I was typing.  WTH?????

Anyway...having some coffee.  Getting hair colored later   :)

Hope you all have a happy 4th!!  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Good morning and Happy 4th of July!  I let myself sleep in until 3:30 this morning, well, really more like 3:15.  I got 2 of my doctors typed up even though their offices are closed today - and I'm not sure at this point whether or not they'll be seeing patients on Friday!  I forgot to ask and no one said anything. 

Other than that, I'm working today and don't have any plans after I'm done at 1:30.  I'll just have to wait and see what happens.  My brother's birthday is Sunday but I just found out that he is leaving for Austin, TX because of his job on Sunday.  So I plan to bop over to see him on Saturday to give him a birthday card. 

It feels funny this is actually Thursday.  Right now I have more of a weekend mentality.  lol. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hope you have a good day!  Maybe your cute neighbor will want to go see fireworks.  Not sure what I'm doing either other than my hair.  I couldn't believe she was working.  She is though til about 1.  So I'm going to cover all this gray!!!  LOL  Have a good day   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning and Happy 4th of July!  I let myself sleep in until 3:30 this morning, well, really more like 3:15.  I got 2 of my doctors typed up even though their offices are closed today - and I'm not sure at this point whether or not they'll be seeing patients on Friday!  I forgot to ask and no one said anything. 

Other than that, I'm working today and don't have any plans after I'm done at 1:30.  I'll just have to wait and see what happens.  My brother's birthday is Sunday but I just found out that he is leaving for Austin, TX because of his job on Sunday.  So I plan to bop over to see him on Saturday to give him a birthday card. 

It feels funny this is actually Thursday.  Right now I have more of a weekend mentality.  lol. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I am camping at a nice, quiet, retired type RV camp... Setting right next to another camper who actually "shows" French and English bulldogs.. Even at Westminster kennel showing. She's a lovely lady, and while I can mostly look at the frenchies, I have been able to hold one of her dogs. It's quite a business she has.
Oh, I do get to spend the day with my super busy husband. Normally we are on our annual vacation, but the IT department at the Engineering firm is working round the clock to oversee an enormous transition that combine all of the world wide offices.. So no one could take vay-cays.
While we aren't at any sort of exciting place, it's nice and peaceful here with the most wonderful people. Oh, and Kansas is usually beyond sweltering by the 4th of July.... We slept with camper windows opened last night and I was chilled even then. LOVE the weather we have. If only Kansas was like this most times, I'd never complain about it.

Happy 4th!!!!!
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I think it sounds like an awesome way to spend the 4th!!  I hope you both enjoy it and come back home all relaxed!  Happy 4th!!   :)

Love all those pups!!   :)

Quoting momma-t42:

I am camping at a nice, quiet, retired type RV camp... Setting right next to another camper who actually "shows" French and English bulldogs.. Even at Westminster kennel showing. She's a lovely lady, and while I can mostly look at the frenchies, I have been able to hold one of her dogs. It's quite a business she has.
Oh, I do get to spend the day with my super busy husband. Normally we are on our annual vacation, but the IT department at the Engineering firm is working round the clock to oversee an enormous transition that combine all of the world wide offices.. So no one could take vay-cays.
While we aren't at any sort of exciting place, it's nice and peaceful here with the most wonderful people. Oh, and Kansas is usually beyond sweltering by the 4th of July.... We slept with camper windows opened last night and I was chilled even then. LOVE the weather we have. If only Kansas was like this most times, I'd never complain about it.

Happy 4th!!!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Quoting momma-t42:

Happy 4th!!!!!

Seriously!  This weather has been simply AWESOME.  Are you going to be camping all weekend?  Have a good one!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Going in to work a little later today, we're planning a camp fire with our residents for this evening. Right now, trying to get some laundry done, a little cleaning, and I'm coloring my hair right now. Just waiting to get ready to rinse and condition it. Here's hoping that it comes out right, tried a little different color this time.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Hope you have a great day!!  I think it's cool that you color your own hair.  I tried that once.  lol  Yea...not so much.  lol  Now I just have Wanda do it.  lol  Have a good day!!   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Going in to work a little later today, we're planning a camp fire with our residents for this evening. Right now, trying to get some laundry done, a little cleaning, and I'm coloring my hair right now. Just waiting to get ready to rinse and condition it. Here's hoping that it comes out right, tried a little different color this time.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!!

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I was only planning to embroider or read but my son says that we are invited to dinner at one of the neighbors houses.  Have a wonderful 4th!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Just a glitch I am sure

Hanging out today & hopefully some pool time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)