Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Great Day

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

Today turned out to be a very nice day.  We actually go the pool set up but by the time the water was warm enough and the chemicals had did their job it got stormy looking and cooled way down outside. So the poor kids still haven't got in the pool yet.

But we did get our cookout finished and it didn't rain on us. We sat out under the tree and ate and talked and played with the grandkids. So funny watching them eating those great big marshmallows after toasting them and they were all gooey.  I think more got on them then in them .lol

Then the neighbors were all putting off fireworks and the kids had their sparkler so they were having a blast.

After we ran Kecia home I took the grankids and went by Dairy Queen and we all got ice cream cones and sat out on the tailgate of my truck listening to music and watching more fireworks.  Just put them to bed and now taking some me time.

So how was your Independence Day?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun!   It was a great day for me too.  It poured rain all day and I grilled out with an umbrella.  Everyone had to pitch in.  Good family fun.  We saw some fireworks through windshield wipers and it will be a day we will remember!  Happy fourth!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM

It was a quiet day for me.  Fireworks are banned nearly city-wide here in the Kansas City area and although I heard a few rogue firecrackers, I realized hearing firecrackers all day would have made the day feel more like a celebration.  Anyway, I bugged out of work an hour early although my pace was very leisurely - felt like a weekend day all day.  I mostly read the rest of the afternoon and for supper I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut.  ugh.  lol.  carb city.  finished the book and went to bed.  the end.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I had a pretty good day. I had to work, had planned a camp fire with my residents. It was so hot, but we did the fire and roasted hot dogs. We also celebrated one of their birthdays with a jello cake decorated like a flag. It was a good day. Fire works are on Saturday for my community, but neighbors were setting some off all evening. My dog was not happy! I'm not sure what we will do on Saturday, she  hyper-ventilates when she hears loud noises and we live really close to the place where they set off the community display!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm glad you had a good day!   I had a wonderful time with my brothers and family.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM

It was a quiet day for me and dh since dd and her family were mini vacationing in Seattle.  So it was quiet but nice and also hot, so we dined in our dining room, played some card and board games and  then went out on our front deck and watched the city;s fireworks display.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I'm glad you had a good time.  Sounds like fun!  I went to a cookout and then came back here with the pups and watched the fireworks on the back deck. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Sounds like a fabulous day!
Bet the loved every minute of it!
Hopefully the pool & weather are in sync now, LOL

Mine was quiet but nice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)