Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A very "meloncholy" day...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

I went to a funeral today for a classmate of mine.  We still live in the town we grew up in.  He and his wife were prom King and Queen.  They've been together since they were 15 (we are 59 now).  The worst part is he took his own life.  Everyone is stunned.  Took a walk up to our cemetery to visit my parents and grandparents grave.  Sad when you have to visit your loved ones at a cemetery.

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Aww how awful & so sorry to hear this,
She must have been shocked over her DH doing this ;(
Oh yes on visiting loved ones at a cemetery ::sigh::
Big hugs to you hon :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I don't go to the cemetery. I believe you can remember loved ones where ever you are and the cemetery depresses me.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I couldn't begin to imagine losing someone to suicide.  

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Oh no. I am sorry.  How tragic.  ((hugs))

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

That is so tragic.  I am so sorry.  Hugs.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

That is really sad.  I am so sorry.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

So sorry to hear that.  Things must have been greatly troubling him but what a terrible thing for his wife and family to have to endure.  It is sad to visit loved ones in a cenetery but in some ways it gives me an outlet for some emotions I might be hiding.  I go there, have a little talk with my mom and leave feeling better.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mac1940:

So sorry to hear that.  Things must have been greatly troubling him but what a terrible thing for his wife and family to have to endure.  It is sad to visit loved ones in a cenetery but in some ways it gives me an outlet for some emotions I might be hiding.  I go there, have a little talk with my mom and leave feeling better.  

I know a lot of people don't like cemeteries but I actually like them.  I grew up going to the grave site of my grandparents and taking care of it.  Now I take care of my parents too.  My dh and I love to walk around cemeteries.  I know where my relatives that came from Glarus Switzerland are buried.  One time my dh and I were in Kentucky and found this amazing cemetery with the most ornate head stones I've ever seen.  We stumbled upon Col. Sandars grave. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

thats so sad.  I do go to the cemetary from time to time and also to put flowers down

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM

So sorry.  His family must be devastated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)