Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shoes So Comfortable I Can Wear Them Every Day

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

Shoes So Comfortable I Can Wear Them Every Day

by Amy Boshnack

sketchers go walkI am a shoe person. Really -- aren't all women? I love shopping for everything from my everyday kicks to my dress sandals to my wedged heels. Actually -- shoes are really the only thing I truly enjoy shopping for since I have a love/hate relationship with clothing. So when I recently heard a fellow mom raving about a pair of shoes that she "lives" in -- I had to check them out.

This mom friend was making some bold claims ... saying her shoes, made by Skechers, were the "most comfortable things" she'd ever put on her feet. In fact, she said she loved them so much that she had four different pairs of the same shoe -- in different colors. And, I kid you not, just as we were having this conversation, another mom friend chimed in saying almost the same exact thing. What on earth was I missing? I wanted in!

So with some doubt (come on, is any shoe so comfortable you need four pairs of the same style?), I went to a Skechers store in search of the "Go" models. I was totally taken off-guard by how many colors and styles there were to choose from -- and what the hell was the difference between all of the different "Go" choices? I let the salesman talk -- but really, I just needed to get them on my feet and see for myself.

The first shoe I tried on was a navy pair of the Women's Skechers GOwalk. It seriously felt like I was walking on cushions ... though it probably helped that I'd just come off an hour-long commute, standing, in my not-so-comfy-but-nice shoes.

Then I tried on the Woman's Skechers On the GO -- a loafer-looking shoe. And these felt even softer to me. Actually, what really impressed me was the super soft material at the back top of the shoe -- and the fact that they were machine washable. Machine washable and they won't cut into my heel! I was sold and sold. At the Skechers store, they cost me $65, but I found out later that I could have gotten them at Kohl's for $59.

The shoes are okay-looking. I like the loafer look better than the sneaker. But really, sometimes comfort simply wins out. They got me for two pairs that day -- and I am considering going back for a third.

Do you have a pair of shoes you absolutely live in?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I am not a shoe person. I recently got an injury wearing sketchers and will never buy them again.

poemcollector
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I am going to Kohls , you had me at super-soft. Thank you !butterfly on head

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Right now I'm living in my OP flip flops.lol  Ihate wearing shows so when warm weather gets here,it flip flops for me.  But I do have a pair of walking shoes by Easy Spirit that are tennis shoe style that are really comfortable.And I have a high arch so have a hard time finding shoes that fit well.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Shoes just have to be comfortable and get me from point A to point B.  Of the 5 pairs of sneakers that I usually wear, I only bought 1.  The rest are hand me downs.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I have an awful foot to try to try to fit a shoe to, very short, no taper to my toes and very wide.  About the only comfortable shoe I had found was New Balance 811 which comes in a 4E width.  They were super comfortable and  I lived in them.  Needed new shoes a couple weeks ago, and damn Sam, the 811 has been replaced by the 812 which the reviews for were less than good, but I went ahead and ordered them hoping the reviewers were wrong.  Unfortunately, they weren't and these are not at all comfortable.  So I am on the hunt for something else in a short, extra extra wide width.  Unfortunately Sketchers do not have any that fit that description.

marchantmom06
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
We are on island time so rainbows and sperrys.

Our cleaning lady actually has a pair and she LOVES them. She has the ones that look denim. They dry quickly when they get wet and they weigh next to nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I love shoes, especially with bows or other embellishments.  My challenge is that my feet are very narrow (I have a triple A heel) and few shoe manufacturers are making narrow widths any more.  The ones that still are tend to be the pricier lines, but I would just step right out of your typical "mall store" shoes.   I love SAS (San Antionio Shoes) and have five pairs of their sandals and two closed pairs of shoes.  They are as comfy as sneakers but look good, are really well made, classic styles, and last for years, so well worth the money. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I tried these on at Kohls last night...lol

I like the loafer ones. They are super soft, but aesthetically the thickness of the sole bothers me...lol

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I am always looking for comfortable shoes. I don't have any that I've found that comfy, yet.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I love to find comfy shoes.  I've broken my left foot and ankle twice now and so I have problems every now and then with my feet hurting.  I will be checking these out!!  Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)