Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for July 24th

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

What is the most complicated recipe you make? Wanna share.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I don't do complicated LOL. I guess it would be bacon and feta stuffed chicken breasts.

• 34 lb bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
  • 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
  • 3 tbsps sour cream
  • 18 tbsp dried oregano
  • 18 tsp black pepper (ground)
  • 12 ozs breasts halves (skinless boneless chicken)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • beaten eggs
  • 1 cup bread crumbs (dry)

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned but still soft. Reserve the bacon grease in the skillet, and cool the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool, mix the bacon together with the feta cheese, 3 tablespoons of sour cream, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
  2. Lay a chicken breast flat onto your work surface. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut a 2-inch pocket in the chicken breast. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Spoon the bacon mixture into the pockets. Pour the flour, egg, and bread crumbs into separate, shallow dishes. Gently press the chicken breasts into the flour to coat. Dip each into the beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs.
  3. Reheat the bacon grease over medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts on both sides in the hot fat, about 2 minutes per side. Reserve the bacon grease in the pan. Place the breasts on a baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink and the filling is hot, 20 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Probably my lasagna and it's a pretty basic recipe I guess but I'm just particular about how I put things together and the amounts etc...I like lots of meat sauce and lots of cheese.  lol  Not figure friendly at all   :)

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I only cook simple things. I guess my most complicated would be ginger cookies:

Gingerbread cookies

1/3 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar (packed)

1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup ( molasses is too strong.)

2/3 cup cold water

7 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Mix butter, sugar, molasses thoroughly.  Stir in water. Blend all dry ingredients and stir in.  Chill. 

Roll dough about ¼ inch thick on lightly floured board.  Cut with cookie cutter. (I use round.)

Place far apart on lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake 10 - 12 minutes at 350 F (moderate oven), or until no imprint remains when touched lightly.  Makes 2 ½ dozen 2 ½ inch cookies.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Okay, I'll be back later.  Have to go out to the kitchen and get my most complicated recipe.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

It would have to be my Lasagana recipe also because I make my meat sauce up by scratch and then put it all together with lotsa cheeses.  I think my recipe is posted in the REcipes To Share post,but I'll put up again I just have to go find it.lol  I really don't use the recipe anymore,since I just add a little of this and that seasoning wise.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I don't do complicated either.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Chicken Piccata and Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake.  Those are usually holiday dishes for me.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:00 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I try not to do those kinds of recipes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)