• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so when it rains ...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

it pours.  lol.  My dad emailed me Tuesday evening  saying he had twisted his ankle and had to struggle/hobble upstairs to call 911.  My brother is in Texas for work until Friday.  and of course my mom and I are in Japan until August 2.  Turns out dad fractured his ankle.  I texted my daughter, Jessica as soon as dad had  a room # at the hospital (and internet!).  Dad ended up having surgery to place pins to stabilize the fracture Wednesday around 1 p.m.  Jessica and I have been communicating by email ever since.  Dad will be in the hospital until Friday.  My brother gets back Friday evening.  She seems to be stepping up to the plate right now considering she is the only family member there right now. 

once again, thank goodness for smart phones and global data plans! 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Oh no!  I am so sorry he fractured his ankle.  It is a good chance for your daughter to pitch in - good for her!  I know you will be glad whenyour brother gets back. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Aww, poor thing being home alone and all :(   I thought he was in Japan with you.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Oh, no. He doesn't have the patience to be with my mom 24/7. Lol.

Quoting jabs54:

Aww, poor thing being home alone and all :(   I thought he was in Japan with you.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad - must have been a pretty severe fracture to require pinning.  Pretty scary for him. Glad your dd is stepping upto the plate though.  It is always the case though isn"t it - seems like first it's one thing and on the heels of that another.  My grandmother always thought bad things happen in threes, so be careful.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Wow!  Sorry to hear that,
Glad she is there & stepping up.
wishing your Dad a speedy recovery :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM

OH NO!! That's awful. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Oh no....your poor dad!!  Glad your dd is there and is helping.  Keep us posted   :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

People don't realize how easy it is to break their ankles.  I hope he heals quickly.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yikes! I hope he heals quickly!

DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Oh wow, so sorry.  A lot of things going on for you and the family.  Hope your dad recovers quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)