Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning! Do not open if you are easily frightened! (pic heavy)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

Apparently it was A's turn to be really bored tonight. She decided to do my hair, which is very long, thick, and bushy on it's own, without help unless I use some kind of product.

"Doing" my hair when she is bored almost always results in some odd hairdo or another such as half a dozen pig tails or half buns. Tonight she decided to keep it simple, starting out with a pony tail just above my forehead, which evolved into a braid eventually.

My hair all brushed over my face. I never met my birth father, I strongly suspect he is Cousin It .

The stunning ponytail:

Pont tail from behind:

On to hair do #2:

The braiding process LOL:

Front view:

Rear view, I think she needs a bit of practice LOL:

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM

LOL  I think its cool that you let her do that!!  Love that pony tail!  You might start a new trend!!    :)

Boy, what I'd give to have thick hair like that!!!!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Trust me, having hair that thick isn't all it is cracked up to be. Especially when it decides to frizz out like it did last night and you wind up making Gilda Radner's Rosanne Roseannadana look good. LOL It takes forever to dry naturally and forget using a hair dryer, your arms will fall off and it will just frizz even more.

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  I think its cool that you let her do that!!  Love that pony tail!  You might start a new trend!!    :)

Boy, what I'd give to have thick hair like that!!!!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I hate my thick hair too! That's why I try to keep it short, and it still is hard to dry. I love that you let her do your hair.

DD just got 10 inches cut off of hers to donate to Locks of Love, and she still has plenty of thick hair.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I didn't have to go anywhere in public for the rest of the night and love having my hair brushed (I find it relaxing) so it was a win win situation LOL.

Quoting darmomusaf:

I hate my thick hair too! That's why I try to keep it short, and it still is hard to dry. I love that you let her do your hair.

DD just got 10 inches cut off of hers to donate to Locks of Love, and she still has plenty of thick hair.

bonitalilmama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Your hair is sooo thick, i love Your hair. But i wouldn't wear those styles b outside lol
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Me either, although I bet I could get my picture on "People of Walmart" if I did! LOL

Quoting bonitalilmama:

Your hair is sooo thick, i love Your hair. But i wouldn't wear those styles b outside lol

bonitalilmama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Continue to take care out your hair a lot out women will kill to have your hair, i know many mom would. Lol
Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

You have beautiful hair and a whole lot of it.  You are blessed.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I am impressed but also think you must have the patience of job.  Forever I wore my hair long like yours, although could not stand to have it down.  I always wore it in an updo or a french twist.  But I did not have the  thickness or the curls you have.  And I also did not have a daughter who had any interest in creating hair styles.  Finally a few years ago, I cut it off (or should say had it cut off), donated to Locks of Love and have worn a short wash and wear style ever since.  Your hair is gorgeous.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)