Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 AM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Good morning...hope you all are doing well and had a good nights sleep.  I was up before the clock went off.  I hate doing that.  lol  I've got an easy day today.  Hope you all have a good day.  It's the middle of the week!!    :)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Wednesday, already! It's been a busy week so far, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down for me. Our fairgrounds is looking great, thanks to some awesome young people who have been cleaning, mowing, and painting. More work there today, but first I have to go to my office and check in to make sure that I am not too far behind on my work there. I also have to pick up some things for a display table at the fair. Thinking that tonight will just be a evening at home doing some catch-up things around here!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 AM

An evening at home sounds perfect!  I hope you're able to do that!  Take care and have a good day!!   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Wednesday, already! It's been a busy week so far, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down for me. Our fairgrounds is looking great, thanks to some awesome young people who have been cleaning, mowing, and painting. More work there today, but first I have to go to my office and check in to make sure that I am not too far behind on my work there. I also have to pick up some things for a display table at the fair. Thinking that tonight will just be a evening at home doing some catch-up things around here!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM

paying bills and going grocery shopping

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh! I packed most of our stuff today. Mom and I only brought 1 suitcase and a backpack each so to avoid checked luggage fees/hassle - but we are bringing home 3 suitcases and our backpacks! I found out the additional suitcase is free. And thank goodness for those SpaceBags!!

It's sad saying goodbye. Tonight I hugged the youngest cousin goodbye. Believe it or not, hugging is not done in Japan!! But I told them we hug in america. I told my uncle I would shake his hand. His wife, my mom's littlest sister (only 8 years older than me) is going with us to the airport tomorrow, so I told her (in my broken Japanese) that I didn't need to shake her hand it hug her tonite. Then she asked why not?? So I shook her hand and gave her a big hug. And then we all laughed. Saying goodbye is hard because I don't know if or when I can come back.

The uncle with whom we gave been staying isn't going. He said he doesn't want to say goodbye and traced tear drops on his face. :o(

And after my shower, I said good night (in Japanese) and he said, in English, last one. Oh boo hoo.

Anyway, we are leaving for Yokohama at 10:00 a.m. Thursday which in Kansas city would be 8:00 p.m. Wednesday night. We need to be at the airport to check in by 3:30 and our flight leaves at 5:30 p.m., (3:30 thursday a.m. in Kansas city.). Our flight gets to KC at 1:15 Friday morning so its gonna be a LONG day. We actually get to San Francisco at 11:15 Thursday morning but have an 8-hour layover so will rent a car and get to visit Johnny!!! I am excited about that!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Going to the mall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Laundry, catching up here, there & everywhere after vacation :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Working.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I have always found it fascinating that when you fly from west to east you arrive before you left.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Ugh! I packed most of our stuff today. Mom and I only brought 1 suitcase and a backpack each so to avoid checked luggage fees/hassle - but we are bringing home 3 suitcases and our backpacks! I found out the additional suitcase is free. And thank goodness for those SpaceBags!!

It's sad saying goodbye. Tonight I hugged the youngest cousin goodbye. Believe it or not, hugging is not done in Japan!! But I told them we hug in america. I told my uncle I would shake his hand. His wife, my mom's littlest sister (only 8 years older than me) is going with us to the airport tomorrow, so I told her (in my broken Japanese) that I didn't need to shake her hand it hug her tonite. Then she asked why not?? So I shook her hand and gave her a big hug. And then we all laughed. Saying goodbye is hard because I don't know if or when I can come back.

The uncle with whom we gave been staying isn't going. He said he doesn't want to say goodbye and traced tear drops on his face. :o(

And after my shower, I said good night (in Japanese) and he said, in English, last one. Oh boo hoo.

Anyway, we are leaving for Yokohama at 10:00 a.m. Thursday which in Kansas city would be 8:00 p.m. Wednesday night. We need to be at the airport to check in by 3:30 and our flight leaves at 5:30 p.m., (3:30 thursday a.m. in Kansas city.). Our flight gets to KC at 1:15 Friday morning so its gonna be a LONG day. We actually get to San Francisco at 11:15 Thursday morning but have an 8-hour layover so will rent a car and get to visit Johnny!!! I am excited about that!!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I took T to a youth conference this morning. I am going in to salon to do 1 haircut since I was sick on Monday.
I have to talk to T's mom at some point. I spoke with her briefly yesterday... We got disconnected. I don't know whether she hung up on me or what because I tried calling back and texting her.. She never called back or text me. So, we are at a crossroads. I love T, and she's doing great, but her mom seems to believe her daughter needs to take the 'skills' she learns here and apply them when she goes home on weekends. >rolling eyes<
I haven't been able to have one productive conversation when I do get her on the phone.
T and her mom haven't been able to get through one weekend without serious conflict. Now we need to decide if we should ask for custody or send T back to live with her mom as it seems pretty clear, the mom doesn't want to take an ounce of responsibility of the conflict she has with her daughter.
This is what I have to do today. Ugggh, decision time.

Have a nice day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)