Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

August is here! What are you looking forward to?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 44 Replies

August is my favorite month, the height of the summer. 

sun

What are you looking forward to this month?  Birthday, vacation, anniversary, kids back to school, backpack

Is there anything that you are not looking forward too?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Nothing LOL

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I'm so grateful I don't have to do back to school shopping anymore!

I'm looking forward to the Y kids getting back to school and my home air space being more quiet!

I will be taking a trip this month so I'm looking forward to that.

The only thing I'm not looking forward too is dealing with my mother and continuing to help my kids look for jobs. Those are not fun things.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM

My birthday and my oldest granddaughter's birthday.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'm looking forward to Kali going back to school and Theron starting school. Kali will be in third grade and Theron in kindergarten.

And hopefully if I'm able to get all the paperwork done in time and don't chicken out I'll be going to school too. :)  Its either going to be that or getting back out into the work force.  Am just waiting for my transcripts and to take my placement test so I know what courses I need to take which will probablly be all the basics at first.  Its been soooo soooo long since this brain has did school work.lol  

robin1953
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM

August is more like what I am not looking forward to. I am not looking forward to returning to work. I am a teacher. I love my job but it is so hard with all the politics and behaviors and such.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Again with that nothing?

Quoting LadySaphira:

Nothing LOL

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Yeah no kidding on the back to school shopping.  I always dreaded that, where are you going on your trip?  Somewhere new?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm so grateful I don't have to do back to school shopping anymore!

I'm looking forward to the Y kids getting back to school and my home air space being more quiet!

I will be taking a trip this month so I'm looking forward to that.

The only thing I'm not looking forward too is dealing with my mother and continuing to help my kids look for jobs. Those are not fun things.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Is your birthday on the calendar? Oh yes it is, the 25th.  Happy Birthday to your beautiful gd. Will she  be 23 this year?

Quoting Why123:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

What are you going to go back to school for?

Quoting kuntrylady56:

I'm looking forward to Kali going back to school and Theron starting school. Kali will be in third grade and Theron in kindergarten.

And hopefully if I'm able to get all the paperwork done in time and don't chicken out I'll be going to school too. :)  Its either going to be that or getting back out into the work force.  Am just waiting for my transcripts and to take my placement test so I know what courses I need to take which will probablly be all the basics at first.  Its been soooo soooo long since this brain has did school work.lol  

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Not quite, 22.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Is your birthday on the calendar? Oh yes it is, the 25th.  Happy Birthday to your beautiful gd. Will she  be 23 this year?

Quoting Why123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)