• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do for your 50th birthday? For those of you......

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 55 Replies

who have hit this age.

Did you do anything out of the ordinary? 

Did you have a huge party?

Did you rather not talk about it?

My big one is coming up in November.  Were going to have a humdinger of a bash.  Were thinking of cooking a pig, having a horse shoe tournament, crochet, and having people bring tents to sleep over if they want to.  Im thinking of having it catered for the rest of the food besides the pig.  Dh is going to build a brick fire pit for it. 

DD23 is so excited shes already making gifts for the guests. One of them is a coffee cup with a picture of me says Esme's 50th birthday.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Gawd, I cant believe Im saying that!  50th birthday.  I certainly dont feel 50.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I don't remember what I did. I'm happy to be alive and the age I am (52) but I keep my birthday's low key to keep my mother away. LOL

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I still have 5 years and almsot 2 months to go, but I doubt we will do anything special.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM

That was 6 years ago for me.lol  We just had the usual family get together for dinner and cake(well chocolate meringue pie)in my case.  My birthday falls two days before Christmas so its kind of a hectic time to be planning much besides Christmas,which is my favorite time of the year anyway.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

The people I worked with made a big deal out of my 50th birthday.  They had a cake.  They decorated the door of my office.  The students had written birthday greetings on the white board.  It was wonderful.  When I got home, my middle and youngest daughters were having a birthday party for my oldest 2 grandchildren.  I sat in the house totally forgotten.

wallmom1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

My 50th is on Oct. 1st. DH just asked me what I wanted to do. Nothing big, just family, all of mine and his too. So about 23 people. A nice dinner at a nice resturant. I just don't want a big thing. Kinda looking forward to it!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You must of not done anything if you dont remember.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I don't remember what I did. I'm happy to be alive and the age I am (52) but I keep my birthday's low key to keep my mother away. LOL

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM

You have plenty of time to plan something special.

Quoting LadySaphira:

I still have 5 years and almsot 2 months to go, but I doubt we will do anything special.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Quoting kuntrylady56:

That was 6 years ago for me.lol  We just had the usual family get together for dinner and cake(well chocolate meringue pie)in my case.  My birthday falls two days before Christmas so its kind of a hectic time to be planning much besides Christmas,which is my favorite time of the year anyway.

Yes not a great time of year to be planning stuff.  But actually we had a pretty good turn out for our end of the world party of 12-21 this year.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Awww Im sorry. how could you be forgotten on this big day.  So nice of your co workers to do something for you.

Quoting Why123:

The people I worked with made a big deal out of my 50th birthday.  They had a cake.  They decorated the door of my office.  The students had written birthday greetings on the white board.  It was wonderful.  When I got home, my middle and youngest daughters were having a birthday party for my oldest 2 grandchildren.  I sat in the house totally forgotten.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)