Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which would you pick??

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son and his wife are expecting our first Grand baby in November. It will be a boy!!!

I am the type that likes to buy useful things. I am thinking maybe the pack and play that they have picked on their registry or the swing. 

They have a upstairs house so I was thinking the pack and play would be nice to lay the baby in for naps and as it gets older a place to have him in one spot when needed. Also they can take it to friends houses etc.

Also the swing is nice too. To help give him something to do and to sleep in also. I used the swing with my kids. They are so fancy these days. 

Which do you guys think??? Both would be nice. But, I will do one. I have already gotten the car seat/stroller combo awhile ago. 

Thanks for any advice.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I really like the pack and play idea.  And congrats on becoming a grandmother.  Is this the first?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I would do the pack and play...it is more useful

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM

To start out, I'd pick the pack and play. Maybe when he's 3 months or so, you can get him the swing!! Trust me, you'l both love it and use it alot!! Congrats! grandmaboy on a swing

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM

The pack and play deffinitely!  I have three grandchildren and one is only 4mo. old and its so convenient for when he comes and stays at Grandmas house just to put it in the trunk of the car and bring it over.  And at his house it stays in the living room and gets used while his Mom is doing th ehouse work or in the kitchen ,he can be right there when hes not in his bouncy or somebody playing with him ect.   I've had one for each of them and they're great.  Even for traveling also if ya stay in a hotel or somewhere that they don't have small children.  You can even have them outside in it which is great.

sabrtooth1
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Get the pack N play.  My granddaughter is 18 months.  The swing was gone before she was 1, because she was sitting up and trying to actually SWING, and it was turning into a death trap.  Her parents & I each have a Pack N Play, and we still use them.  "Baby jail" comes in handy.  The only modification we had to make, was Dh made a 3/4" plywood FLOOR for both of them, because she's destroyed the fiberboard one, jumping on it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

The pack & play :)

LEK19
by Group Admin on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I like the Pack and Play idea. Not all babies like the swings.

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Pack and play.  Not as easy to fall out of and lasts a whole lot longer.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Congrats on the new grandson.  That is going to be so fun!  I agree the pack n play would make a wonderful gift. 

sunshine97325
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Yes, this is my first grand baby. I had a daycare for 15 years. So, have had kids all ages. I still have a pack a play for my house.  I was thinking of one for them first, then the swing idea came to mind. The pack and play would make since for their place also it has an upstairs. Who is going to carry a sleeping baby upstairs etc. And it is a good place to hang out while Mom does her chores etc. 

Quoting mac1940:

I really like the pack and play idea.  And congrats on becoming a grandmother.  Is this the first?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)