Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD?? 8/6/13

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:17 AM
  • 25 Replies

Would you rather TEXT a friend or CALL a friend? And why?

~~CINDY

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Text. I work taking calls all day at work. After work, I just hate talking on the phone. If those are the choices, text. I would rather just be face to face talking, but texting, I can be doing other things, etc. and not have to continue being on the phone after being on the phone all day at work. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'd rather e-mail because I can say what I need to and not get hung up on the phone or use up their time either.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Both, depends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I love to talk to my friends, but it is usually easier to facebook message or e-mail for me.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the friend.  Most of them have texting available and that's so handy to send them a text and ask them to call me when they have time, if I need to talk to them.  For the past few years, I've relied more and more on texting or emailing.  It is less intrusive on their time/my time. 

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Call, I'm a talker!!

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Since I belong to an older generation, it is easier for me to talk than it is to text.  It takes me longer because I tend to write and speak in full sentences.  I text my children and grandchildren because they respond to it better.  I call my mother.  I prefer to talk to my friends.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM

It depends.  If I'm busy and need to check on something but don't have time to talk I'll text.  

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Calling is more personal. But texting allows them to respond when they wish.

BJBoltFan
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Text - My friends, the few I have, work, as I do, so I don't want to interrupt them with a phone call.  If I text them then can text me back when they have time in between whatever else they're doing. 

The only people I really call are my parents, because they don't like to text, they like to hear my voice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN