Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD?? 8/7/13

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:22 AM
  • 9 Replies

It's "Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day"

What is the one thing that you think is packaged preposterously?

~~CINDY

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

anything in those stupid hard plastic things that take a degree in engineering to open.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I so agree.

Quoting LadySaphira:

anything in those stupid hard plastic things that take a degree in engineering to open.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM

What Lisa said - and just so many things packaged in plastic and styrofoam!  I don't understand why cardboard and paper/waxed paper can't be used in so many instances.  I mean, what about our landfills?  Fast food chains should all be using paper boxes for drive-thru / carry-out.  Why can't straws have paper sheaths?  Do they HAVE to be PLASTIC?  why can't we still get the paper/waxed straws?  And what about going back to the paper cups with wax instead of styrofoam?  Egg cartons should all be cardboard, not styrofoam.  and everyone should be required to use paper or bring their own bags to the grocery store.  I just have this thing about so much plastic and styrofoam  being used and it seems like it is more prevalent than ever!

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Packing for some children's toys.  What is the good of buying a toy that you can't get out of the box.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM

All of the bove postings state my case against preprosperous packaging.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have always thought that toothpaste tubes don't also need to be in a cardboard box.  I wish manufacturers could package 3 or 4 tubes in a recyclable plastic bag.  

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Or the toys with screws everywhere that you cant open unless you have a tiny screw driver.  Insane!

Quoting LadySaphira:

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I hate when I get something on-line and there is a ton of packaging peanuts or plastic "pillows" in it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

this :)

Quoting LadySaphira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN