Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My "baby" is moving out today :(

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

The day is here.  I can't believe it.  I don't know why, it's not like I expected her to never move out.  But I am having a really hard time holding it together :(

crying

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww so sorry Mama.  I know its hard to let them fly the coop.  hugging

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It'll get easier....

One of those bittersweet times of being a Mom! I liked to focus on the excitement of it all - having your own place and remembering what it was like when I got my first place! 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry you are feeling so sad. It is what you have spent all of those years doing, raising her so that she would be able to leave the nest. Go ahead and cry. You'll soon realize that she'll be back, and you'll still be about to talk with her. ((hugs))

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I'm really sorry. I know how you feel. When my son was twenty, he moved out for a year and a half. I cried for two weeks, before he moved. I hope she comes back a lot and spends a lot of time with you, at least until you can get used to it. I know how hard that is. Good Luck to you.

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry you are feeling so sad. It is what you have spent all of those years doing, raising her so that she would be able to leave the nest. Go ahead and cry. You'll soon realize that she'll be back, and you'll still be about to talk with her. ((hugs))

I think that is great advice. I hope her daughter comes back a lot, at least until her mom can get a little used to it, even though I don't know if that ever happens.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM

*HUGS*

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'm so sorry Jeanine!!!!  Big hugs to you!!  I know it's an emotional time.  We're all here for you   :)

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Is she still gonna be near you???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM

ugh.  its so hard.  just hang in there.  she isnt gone... just a little farther away?
where is she moving? 

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Im sorry you are having such a hard time with it.  Cry and get it all out!  Its good to cry it helps you to deal with things better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)