Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Any Sports Moms here?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 13 Replies
Did your kids play sports? Did you sit and watch practice or drop them off?
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM

When my son did sports I usually did stay for practice. Only if he had it afterschool at the school when he did basketball.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Mine did tennis. We watched some Saturdays. That was it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Both mine did many,
Sometimes I stayed for practice & sometimes I did not :)

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

My boys played football and my girls cheer.  My oldest dosnt play sports anymore, but when he did we would go sit and watch every practice.  We also do that for my little ones.  Sometimes I want to leave but I sit and watch.  If they have to be there then why not me/

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Yes, I was for both my boys, now grown. They both played football! I loved it. We went to most of the away games. I helped serve the bi-weekly dinner for home games. I also helped decorate the field and track area for the homecoming game! It was alot of fun! When my youngest son was a senior, he knew I didn't have a ride to the dinner. He asked me to please call some Moms, get a ride. It really meant alot to him to have me there. He said Mom, I really want you there! I went, and we had a ball! He was 18!!

robin7771
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

yes, drop off.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
We have been to so many practices and games in the last 20 years. My oldest son played baseball and was on a traveling team. My 21 year old did football in high school. My 17 year old is a golf player and he preferred we didn't watch practice, but we were always there when the scouts were there looking. My 13 year old plays soccer but since we moved down here the younger 4 won't be involved in any sports teams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emptynstr
by Leanne on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We have done both. Both kids played travel/competitive hockey (ice and inline) so sometimes it was a matter of not being able to be in two places at once. When they were young and we still had to drive them we stayed but as they got older and son had 5am practice he would drive himself and just go straight to school. Daughter skated out of a rink in downtown Chicago, near the United center, so we went with for a lot of those practices.

there were times we did send them on trips without us. one traveling is much cheaper than 2. We always went along when it was National or something major but many times parents would trade off taking kids to "local" tourneys.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

They did. My youngest played baseball and did wrestling one year. 

He will be in Marching Band this year so I will go to a lot of football games. 

EireLass
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My son only played Little League. Then he was involved in other activities, but not sports.

My daughter played everything. Year-round. Sometimes I stayed and watched, sometimes I didn't...depending on my work schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)