Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 36 Replies

come tell us....

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Good morning....it's a cloudy and dreary looking day here but the temps and more importantly the humidity are down.  It will be short lived but I'll take it!!  lol  I've got quite a few things to do today.  I've got to take care of Pam's cat, go price a potential new customer, go to the gym, go pick up 2 gifts....one for a wedding and one as a type of hostess gift.  After that....not much.  lol  Hope you all have a good day  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Friday- I have to work (for the next 5 days in a row). 9-4:30. Home to make dinner (Chili dogs) and I have to do laundry. I have been putting it off for 3 days now. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Off to work for me this morning, it's County Fair day with the residents, we will be having sausage sandwiches, funnel cakes and lemonade as well as playing traditional fair games. Tomorrow is our facility yard sale, monies made will go to our activity department and our Walk to End Alzheimer's team, and then my family is heading to a neighboring fair just to check things out. Sunday is my niece's 8th birthday, so it's party time for us! Just another busy weekend to wind down the summer events.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Hope you have a good day at work.  Laundry...ugh...I usually throw some in everyday because I don't like for it to pile up.  If it gets to that point I don't want to do it then.  lol  :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Friday- I have to work (for the next 5 days in a row). 9-4:30. Home to make dinner (Chili dogs) and I have to do laundry. I have been putting it off for 3 days now. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!!  Enjoy   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Off to work for me this morning, it's County Fair day with the residents, we will be having sausage sandwiches, funnel cakes and lemonade as well as playing traditional fair games. Tomorrow is our facility yard sale, monies made will go to our activity department and our Walk to End Alzheimer's team, and then my family is heading to a neighboring fair just to check things out. Sunday is my niece's 8th birthday, so it's party time for us! Just another busy weekend to wind down the summer events.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM

so Thursday was a total bust for me.  I was so tired last night I didn't feel like updating on yesterday's "what are you doing" post.  I left here about 9 a.m. to go pick up mom and then we went out to get my dad.  He had his followup appointment with his orthopedic surgeon at 10:30 Thursday.

we get to his appointment, and a lady took the last handicapped spot.  Then she got out of her car and walked into the building.  Grrr.  So I had to find a spot where there were 2 spots available - so I could fit dad's wheelchair next to my car so he could get out.  Had to wheel him down a small hill to get into the building.  When we finally get to his doctor's office - they told me they have to reschedule since the DOCTOR WASN'T IN THAT DAY.  Really??  They said they called my mom - but she says no one from any doctor's office called.  I told them I took the day off work for this appointment!!!! GRRRR.  They were able to squeeze my dad in to see the physician's assistant, however, and he finally had his appointment an hour later.  They took out his staples, discovered a HUGE blister on the other side of his ankle (to me a blister the size of a quarter is HUGE).  Anyway, they re-dressed his foot,  put him in a CAM boot and called in a prescription for Keflex.  The CAM boot is big and klunky but dad's just gonna have to get used to it.  His leg is still quite swollen and the PA said dad needs to be elevating that foot.  The only time he's been elevating it at the rehab center is when he's sleeping. 

So, we finally got out of there and went directly to the motor vehicle place to pick up his handicap plackard.  when I got inside, the wait was ONE HOUR AND 17 MINUTES long!  GRRR.  So, we went back to mom and dad's house and then to Walmart to pick up his antibiotics.  by this time it was nearly 1:00.  The pharmacy said his prescription wasn't ready although their notes said it was to be ready by 12!!!  GRRR again.  Mom had to get cat food and I had placed an on-line order for support for the toilet, so we went back to customer service and took care of that, then finally got dad's Keflex.  By now it's 1:30 and so we headed back to motor vehicle for the handicap plackard.  Finally got back on the road at 2.  Then we went thru the drive-thru at McDonalds - dad hates drive thrus and he especially hates when I eat and drive.  I told him I've been doing that my entire adult life so he gave in.  lol. 

Anyway, finally got dad back - and we gave the nurses the new doctor's orders.  they said they could not use the Keflex my dad brought with him and would have to order it for him.  WHAT THE HECK????  Holy crap.  Finally they said okay but they would not let dad keep the bottle in his room.  REALLY?  Dad is an adult.  He does NOT HAVE MEMORY OR COGNITIVE PROBLEMS!  He is in that facility BECAUSE HE BROKE HIS FREAKING ANKLE!  All the nurses and therapists talk to him as if he is mentally retarded and it drives me nuts.  Oh well.  He is being discharged Saturday.  I will get over this. 

So finally took mom back home and I got back here at just ahead of 5:00.  THAT EXCURSION TOOK THE WHOLE FREAKING DAY.  I was so tired last night!  So I took my sleepy meds at 6:30 and was in bed, finally turned out the lights at 7:30.  lol.

Up at 3 this morning - early-morning work went fine.  But I'm kind of just creeping along with the full-time job. lol.  I don't feel like working right now.  I do plan to stay put today until 1:30.  Oh, and I haven't taken a shower since Tuesday, either. I feel all yucky!!!    Plus last week I went to the Dollar store to get my hair color - they didn't have Revlon but they did have Clairol - and even though the color is fine - it's already starting to fade!  I just didn't have the energy to drive over to Walmart to get the  Revlon as the Dollar  Store is just 2 blocks away.  

grrrr.  thanks for letting me vent.  

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY.  I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.  Not sure when I have to go pick up my dad ...  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Busy weekend..
Today- youngest daughter had appt for MRI at 7am. Her dad took her and that was a disaster finding the place. Then, we load up trailer and move her away to college. She got an apt this year,so it's highly unlikely she'll be home much.
But then there is the unfortunate fact that my husband is sick and has been running a fever. :(
Tomorrow, I'm making dinner for a family (the dad just had foot surgery for a shattered foot) where half the fam is vegan.
Sunday is T's 16th birthday.
And while this is the weekend she normally goes home with her mom, I asked her mom that I'd rather T have an enjoyable weekend and prefer her to stay here than send her home if there would be strife. So, T's staying with us this weekend. I know she has high expectations since its her 16th, but I keep letting her down gently so she will grasp the reality due to the circumstances.

Gonna be a long weekend.
Enjoy yours, and your dreary day.... It sure beats the heat :)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Friday ~

house stuff I hope ;)

robin7771
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Good Morning!

I finally got the right color drapes for our bedroom. Slept in today usually up with hubby at 5. Son is working 12 shifts. He is so tired. He loves his new Genesis, Hyundai. I love the color and I am happy it is higher up and you don't feel like you are sitting on the ground.  Hubby needs new car and wants to get a Hyundai. I use to be all USA until my van kept acting up trans and motor and electric. I notice kids bought foreign and never had all the problems I had with GMC and Chevy. We drive long distances for work and went thru cars every 2 years. We are looking for smaller house and yard closer to his work . We don't have snow but alot of black ice. driving

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Working.  The faculty are back on campus and classes start Monday.  Fall Conference was interesting.  They will be serving lunch from 11:45 to 1.  I did have some fruit for breakfast.  Have no idea what I am doing tomorrow but Sunday is the Bacon Fest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)