Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Saw the Coolest Thing

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 15 Replies

My husband and I were away in the US and spent two nights in Seattle, WA.  A friend who lives there suggested that we go up in the big ferris wheel down on the waterfront called the Great Wheel.  She said they went there on their wedding anniversary last September.  So, as Saturday was our 22nd anniversary, we decided to do the same.   While waiting in line to get our tickets, we saw a young couple dressed up and being photographed.  The woman was wearing a short, white lace dress and had a small bouquet, and a circle of matching flowere on her hair.  There were other people around them talking and laughing and also taking photos.   I said to Iain it looked like they had just gotten married, but then noticed they were not wearing rings.  I clued in that they were just about to get married ON the ferris wheel.   Each car was enclosed and held six people.  We saw them get on, and the different guests for sent to cars on the   wheel.  We happened to be sitting in a car with a good friend of the bride who filled us in on her background.  She was still a student and they were being married by the father of the groom (who looked like a hippy) an ordained minister.  I gather that the families are not too conventional.  We congratulated them after and I told them we would be sharing a wedding anniversary, August 24.  What a fun thing to do, and it was a beautiful late afernoon, so perfect for view the city, space needle and the ocean. .  

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM

How cool is that?  I haven't been on a ferris wheel for years!  and congrats on your anniversary!  (I take it you didn't feel like shoving him off or anything!  lol)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM

That's very cool. 

I could never do that, ride a big Ferris Wheel, let alone get married on it!! I'm terrified of heights.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! Very cool experience for sure. :)
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Is this it?

Oh good lord.... It's on a WOODEN PIER!! H*E*Double Hockey Sticks..... NO WAY!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM

That is very cool!!  Hope YOU enjoyed your time there too   :)

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I was beginning to wonder where you were!! Glad you were having fun! Happy Anniversary!

Any pics? 

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

That was really cool.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I'm terrified of heights but that would be such an awesome place to get married. And congratulations on your anniversarry.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary ride.  That would have been fun.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

How cool is that?  I haven't been on a ferris wheel for years!  and congrats on your anniversary!  (I take it you didn't feel like shoving him off or anything!  lol)

Well, not that particular time, but I tell him every Aug 24 that I am renewing his annual contract.  Can't let him get to complacent - I'm a great catch.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)