Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today...Monday?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 38 Replies

come tell us....

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Good morning....it's the start to a new week already.  I'm up and having coffee.  I'm only working 3 days this week.  Me and my mom are going to the beach on Thursday morning and staying until Sat afternoon.  Then I have to go pet sit.  If it weren't for that we'd stay until Sunday.  I'm looking forward to it.  Her b day is Sat. too.

Ok well...hope you all have a great day!!   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Yes, It's Monday.  At least it's not raining or I'd have to start singing ...  lol. I wish I only had to work 3 days this week (but get paid for 5!) lol

Was up just ahead of 3 this morning.  Got my early-morning done and then started on FT job.  But then had to take a break at 5:50 to take my brother to work.  They were supposed to be flying him to Montana on Tuesday - but last yesterday afternoon decided he will be driving the truck to Montana instead.  Last time he left his minivan parked at work, someone stole his catalytic convertor, so dad drops him off at work.  Of course dad isn't driving now so I get to be it.  Thankfully my brother lives with my parents, who live less than 2 miles from me, and his work is just a coupe of miles from there.

Dad had asked me to pick up a few Egg McMuffins from McDonalds, so I swung thru McD's - I didn't realize an Egg McMuffin BY ITSELF was $3.49!!!  That just seems ridiculous to me, so I told McD's to forget it.  I'll let dad know this afternoon when I go over but stil.  $3.49?  for ONE Egg McMuffin?  that's insane.

Well, I gotta get back to work now.  Happy Monday, everyone!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....it's the start to a new week already.  I'm up and having coffee.  I'm only working 3 days this week.  Me and my mom are going to the beach on Thursday morning and staying until Sat afternoon.  Then I have to go pet sit.  If it weren't for that we'd stay until Sunday.  I'm looking forward to it.  Her b day is Sat. too.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Early start at T's school from a class she is taking. I work at 8 so it's rush around.
Cleaning house this afternoon as Inlaws are coming to visit this week.
Have a GREAT day!
I know you had a great weekend :-)
mystified1958
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I have to harvest veggies from the garden then can and freeze again today.  Winter eats are looking good in the pantry cabinet and freezer.  need to consider a bigger freezer for next year,  as I have been saying that for 3 years now,  this Christmas I just may really ask for one. 

Hot and humid here again this week.  Really not looking forward to working out in it,  but it's gotta be done.  Early fall signs are all around us and we need rain bad.  Garden is slowly showing signs of slowing down and plants are starting to get the brown leaves on the bottoms.  Sure wish summer would have been summer and the fall a late one,  for a promise of weird winter is in the air already. 

Hope you all have a terrific day. 

robin7771
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Good Morning!

It feels like fall here. Just finished clean-up the kitchen. I watch Brother v.s. Brother and love the cleaver ideas . I need to find a back splash for kitchen. Love the cherry wood cabinets. Got go exercise on tread mill.treadmill

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Your brother better appreciate you too!!!  lol  Hope you have a good day.  Wow...that's kind of expensive for an egg mcmuffin!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yes, It's Monday.  At least it's not raining or I'd have to start singing ...  lol. I wish I only had to work 3 days this week (but get paid for 5!) lol

Was up just ahead of 3 this morning.  Got my early-morning done and then started on FT job.  But then had to take a break at 5:50 to take my brother to work.  They were supposed to be flying him to Montana on Tuesday - but last yesterday afternoon decided he will be driving the truck to Montana instead.  Last time he left his minivan parked at work, someone stole his catalytic convertor, so dad drops him off at work.  Of course dad isn't driving now so I get to be it.  Thankfully my brother lives with my parents, who live less than 2 miles from me, and his work is just a coupe of miles from there.

Dad had asked me to pick up a few Egg McMuffins from McDonalds, so I swung thru McD's - I didn't realize an Egg McMuffin BY ITSELF was $3.49!!!  That just seems ridiculous to me, so I told McD's to forget it.  I'll let dad know this afternoon when I go over but stil.  $3.49?  for ONE Egg McMuffin?  that's insane.

Well, I gotta get back to work now.  Happy Monday, everyone!

Quoting louannwilkins:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM

This is the only morning I don't have to rush!  lol  Starting tomorrow I'll be doing it too.  lol

Hope you have a great day!!  Are you happy that the inlaws are coming?  Do you all get along well?

Quoting momma-t42:

Early start at T's school from a class she is taking. I work at 8 so it's rush around.
Cleaning house this afternoon as Inlaws are coming to visit this week.
Have a GREAT day!
I know you had a great weekend :-)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I'm off today. I just dropped DS#2 off at the HIGH SCHOOL, UGH... for his first year of Band Camp! UGH.....

I'm getting ready to drop DS#1 off for his first year, first class of college!!! UGH!!!!!

Then home to some peace and quiet for a while.. YAY!! I need to make some phone calls and get dinner in the crock pot but that's it. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

If you've been putting away lots of veggies you will have GREAT eating this winter!!  lol  I love fall and hope it comes and actually stays longer than a week!  lol That's what it feels like here.  Fall is such a short time.  Seems to either be hot or cold.  lol  Hope you have a good day   :)

Quoting mystified1958:

I have to harvest veggies from the garden then can and freeze again today.  Winter eats are looking good in the pantry cabinet and freezer.  need to consider a bigger freezer for next year,  as I have been saying that for 3 years now,  this Christmas I just may really ask for one. 

Hot and humid here again this week.  Really not looking forward to working out in it,  but it's gotta be done.  Early fall signs are all around us and we need rain bad.  Garden is slowly showing signs of slowing down and plants are starting to get the brown leaves on the bottoms.  Sure wish summer would have been summer and the fall a late one,  for a promise of weird winter is in the air already. 

Hope you all have a terrific day. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hope you have a good day.  Ugh...exercise...I so need to be doing that right now!!  lol  Take care   :)

Quoting robin7771:

Good Morning!

It feels like fall here. Just finished clean-up the kitchen. I watch Brother v.s. Brother and love the cleaver ideas . I need to find a back splash for kitchen. Love the cherry wood cabinets. Got go exercise on tread mill.treadmill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)