Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you embrace the signs of aging?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have to go and have my hair colored this afternoon. The only times I have colored my hair in the past have been when I wanted highlights in the summer. Just something a little fun. But for the last year, I am having to fully color my hair to hide the grey. Im not talking a few strands either. I mean, the whole front of my hair that frames my face is coverd in grey and definitely need to be covered.

One of my best friends gets botox often, another friend never leaves the house without spanx on to keep her 'in place' and another is religious about her skin care regimen.

Do you embrace the subtle signs of aging or do you do whatever you can to halt or hide the process?

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I embrace some signs such as my hands looking more like my Grands hands each day and just not giving a damn so much. Yep, my give a damn is breaking. Yay!

But I fight having wrinkles on my neck, even though I have seen some teens with them. I also fight growing a new chin. Not into it.

As for gray hair, if I had enough of it, I might go gray. I like it. Mine is sort of silver. I think it's cool. I do color my hair because I like blond hair and my hair is naturally darker.

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I am 66 years old.  I stopped trying to look younger years ago.

butterflyrose11
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I embrace some signs. I don't mind the gray hairs just as long as it is a little and not alot. I get night sweats at nice and I wake up with with wet hair and I smell of sweat. I also have little chin hairs now and then (Granny Whiskers). Overall my face skin seems pretty nice. A couple wrinkles but they are bound to come sooner or later.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Well, I color my hair. I will never have surgery for anything cosmetic...I still wear make-up, etc. Not embracing it yet! I'm 51 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Absolutely not embracing  the signs of ageing.  I have my hair coloured as have had it blonde for decades, and now have lots of grey.  I always use cosmetics and skin care, do what I can to keep myself slim and feeling fit, and have resorted to some professional cosmetic procedures, as OTC products only do so much. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

No.  I'm 59 and don't have any gray hair yet but I do not like the wrinkles :(

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I love my wrinkles! I found a gray hair the other day at the ocean.... No big deal. I am loosing a lot of hair but I have thick hair so that doesn't really bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Wrinkles are coming....gray hair has been here since I was in my 20's...lol...I color it!!  I haven't had anything done.  I've never done botox or had surgery.  I don't know if I embrace it or not but I do accept it as part of life and deal with it.  lol  I do wear my makeup and color my hair but that's about it

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Hell Noooo, I embrace nothing.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I color my hair regularly and that seems to be more often every day!! I use to be able to go six months and now it's every three months when I have to dye it. AND now I think that there are some hairs that seems to refuse to be dyed.

Wrinkles don't bother me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)