Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Purse,

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 33 Replies

What kind of purse do you have?  Do you like to carry a purse?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I have a few different purses,  right now Im using my Coach purse but honestly I prefer to go without one.  I hate carrying things. 

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I have a denim purse with lots of pockets.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

From 2006 until 2011, I actually used a fanny pack as my purse - but didn't carry it around my fanny!  I slung it over my shoulder.  When I was in California for 5 weeks with my son in 2011, he hated that fanny pack!  He said his dad used a fanny pack, carried around his fanny, and he begged me to change my purse!

When I went to work for the law firm in 2011, I bought a cute little leather purse that was about the same size as that fanny pack but wasn't.

I had that purse until just after I got home from Japan last month when the main zipper broke.  grrrr.  So then I had to buy a new purse - of course I had a hard time finding one small enough.  I like small purses because it forces me to only carry items that are essential.  Before the fanny pack, I had a purse with so many pockets I could carry everything including the kitchen sink!  lol.  I hauled around mostly non-essential items and that's why I liked the fanny pack - simple, small, efficient.  I am not quite used to my new purse yet so have the one with the broken zipper in the back seat of my car.  One of these days, I'll remember to take it in to see how much they'd charge me to replace that zipper.  If not too expensive, I'll do that and have my new purse as a backup. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

a quilted purse with several pockets. I used to hate to carry my purse, but now I need places to put all the stuff I have to take with me!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I like a fairly large purse and it must have a shoulder strap.  I think my favorite has always been what I think they call a hobo bag.  Right now though I have a large onem but it has pockets and for right now is organized but who knows how long that organization will last.  I come from the generation that carried a purse from high school days so it is second nature,  My daughter, on the other hand, rarely carries one.

stuswf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Ok I'm the crazy one I guess ---I carry my 'big purse' with all of my mom stuff in it in the back of my Yukon ---I have my small essential purse I use for daily use----but----I have tote full of different kinds of purses ---so I change out from time to time
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I don't like to. I seldom used a purse pre-children.

Now I use a tote bag type of purse in the summer and a regular one in the winter. I need a new one! 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I have a back pack which helps me not hurt my neck or back. Often I just take my phone, i.d. and keys in my pockets though.

Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats what I like to do to.  I really dont like carrying a purse,  it gets in my way lol. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have a back pack which helps me not hurt my neck or back. Often I just take my phone, i.d. and keys in my pockets though.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I have a shoulder purse (not sure what it is called) I don't dislike or lke carrying one but find in a pain the rear to dig through sometimes. It seems like whatever I happen to need has gravitated to the bottom as soon as I need it.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN