Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on Cooking Challenge

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I still haven't made the baked coconut shrimp, but I HAVE made a couple new recipes.  I posted about the brown rice with coconut (not a winning recipe), and now here's my review on taco stuffed pasta shells.

This recipe is fantastic!!!  It will definitely go into my rotation.  I found it on pinterest, and it is from blogchef.net.  There are a few other recipes on that site that I am going to try as well.

Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells

found on pinterest, from blogchef.net

1lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
12 large pasta shells
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
1 ½ cups tortilla chips (crushed) -- EDITED TO ADD THAT i DIDN'T HAVE TORTILLA CHIPS, AND IT WAS STILL AWESOME WITHOUT THEM!!!!
3 green onions (chopped)
1 cup sour cream

Step 1: In a fry pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool. While burger is cooking cook the pasta shells, drain and toss well with butter.
Step 2:  Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Step 3: Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
Step 4: Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Step 5: After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on top.  Cook for about 15 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, black olives or whatever you think goes good with tacos!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM

This looks really yummy!
Let us know how it turns out :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Very interesting..... I may have to try this.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

This does sound really good. Thank you for the recipe and for the review. I am going to copy and file it now and hope to make it late this week or early next week.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have made this too and we loved it.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

It does sound good but have you had it as a leftover?  I've got some recipes I love with chips on top but they taste bad the next day.

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting jabs54:

It does sound good but have you had it as a leftover?  I've got some recipes I love with chips on top but they taste bad the next day.

I'm sorry, I thought I'd added that I didn't have the tortilla chips on hand.  I must have put that on Facebook when I sent it to my sister. 

I didn't have them, and the shells were excellent without them.

I'm going to edit my original post to show that I didn't add them.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting jabs54:

I'm sorry, I thought I'd added that I didn't have the tortilla chips on hand.  I must have put that on Facebook when I sent it to my sister. 

I didn't have them, and the shells were excellent without them.

I'm going to edit my original post to show that I didn't add them.

Oh, ok.    You could just have on hand to crush on your plate as you eat it too.  Sounds yummy, thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)