Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Hey! News about Colleen!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Finally! It's been months since Shannon has posted anything on her FB page about her mom!

Had a phone conference w/the case worker and nurses today. My mom was there as well. My mom is doing really well! The only major issue right now is her eating. She is still on the feeding tube because when she tries taking in water or food, it obstructs her breathing and that's what lands her back in the regular hospital. My mom can be discharged once I find a place for her out here, closer to me and get all my ducks in a row with the costs. I did speak to her. She can talk and doesn't sound weird/hoarse or barely audible. I'll be posting the number of the hospital later on today. She does not have a phone in the room with her, however the hospital will be working on that.

When Shannon posts more info, I will let you know!
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that & meant to post it
::blush::

Hard to believe she is still in hospital though
Thanks for the update :)

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

That poor woman. I do hope her girl gets her a place to be and close to her soon. It does sound like some progress has been made but she's been in one institution or another for so long.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes, she has.  Since January!

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

That poor woman. I do hope her girl gets her a place to be and close to her soon. It does sound like some progress has been made but she's been in one institution or another for so long.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

That's good to hear! Now, at least Colleen can be with Shannon, and hopefully be more comfortable.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Wouldn't that be great!  Thanks for keeping up updated!!  Maybe she will join us again.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

She better!   lol.  Texas is closer to me than PA and I could hop down there and kick her butt if she doesn't. 

Quoting Maddie24:

Wouldn't that be great!  Thanks for keeping up updated!!  Maybe she will join us again.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I knew she was a fighter!   Hopefully being close Shannon can help get her back on the internet.

Quoting suzeebloch:

She better!   lol.  Texas is closer to me than PA and I could hop down there and kick her butt if she doesn't. 

Quoting Maddie24:

EireLass
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for your continued checking!

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Good to hear!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

SO glad to hear this!!!!  I was worried when Shannon hadn't posted anything in so long.  Hope she can get her mom near her and soon.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)